“Outstanding”

Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #23 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn was "Outstanding" in every way. We were very pleased and really liked the location. We could walk to downtown with ease. The evening porch time was my personal favorite. Got to know many of the other patrons and really enjoyed Peter and Lori. We will be back soon. When visiting Asheville, we will only stay at the Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn. Thanks Peter and Lori for making us feel like family... The room was excellent and the breakfasts were delightful. Unbelievable pastries and outstanding breakfast. The afternoon Tea was above and beyond satisfying. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful. See you soon.

Room Tip: they are all nice...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This year celebrates our third trip to Asheville and also our third stay at the Black Walnut. We visited the inn during our honeymoon and have returned every year since. It is perfect in every way. I cannot say enough good things about this B&B. Lori and Peter are the most gracious hosts and go above and beyond every day. The inn is well kept, beautifully decorated, and romantic. The tea time is a highlight for my husband; I love breakfast. The food is always delicious. We have stayed in the Dogwood and Holly rooms and have loved both. It is near anything you would want to do in Asheville.
If you are making a trip to Asheville, this is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: Dogwood and Holly rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I spent our 45th anniversary at this beautiful B & B. Our daughter insisted that we go there, and I'm glad we did. Peter and Lori have done a beautiful job of restoring this house. Our room was so comfortable. It was more than I expected. We even had a kitchenette in our room, so we could make coffee or tea, and had a microwave too. They have tea and refreshments in the foyer in the afternoon, which was lovely. The breakfast was so good. They really have outdone themselves. Since I have trouble with my knees, they let us come in the back door instead of the steps in front. They really made our stay special. We plan on visiting them again in the future.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the side road, but was still very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This wonderful B & B is in a beautifully restored Victorian House with comfortable beds and wonderful breakfast that were to die for. Location is a quiet historic area. Innkeepers were helpful and very friendly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until the moment we left (and sad to do so). Our hosts, Peter and Lori, were fantastic as was their staff. The food, room, ammenities and service were all great. We can't get back soon enough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I loved our two-night stay there last month. We highly recommend it! The hosts Peter and Lori have created a top-notch accommodation, down to the smallest detail. The elegant décor is filled with beautiful antiques. The breakfast, created by Lori, was exceptionally delicious and delightfully served on small tables set with pretty china and crocheted tablecloths. Our charming room was spacious, clean and had a very comfortable bed. In the evening, we enjoyed sipping on complimentary wine in the parlor while chatting with Peter - a wonderful storyteller! Thank you Peter and Lori for a wonderful time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We loved our stay at the Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast. I am not a person that ever writes a review, but I wanted to share my experience for those of you that might be hesitant. We stayed in the pet-friendly room there at the BWB&B. I have stayed at other places that were pet friendly and therefore was afraid to give this a try.BUT... we were so pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Camellia room. It was spacious, had a microwave/fridge, coffee maker,tea pot, lovely footed tub with shower attachments, beautiful decor, it's own patio and very modern thermostat controls. We found it to be very clean with absolutely NO smells! The Inn itself it artistically charming, with attention to the smallest detail. For instance, have you ever seen a knife rest? I digress... I highly recommend the Black Walnut Bed & Breakfast to anyone interested in enjoying what Asheville, NC has to offer!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends