“We were thrilled with our choice!”

Pinecrest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Four of us stayed for two nights. I was in the room with the remote controlled fireplace downstairs and my cousin was upstairs in the room with the big tub. Both were wonderful. The beds were comfortable; the breakfast fabulous; the sunroom delightful; the hospitality warm.

Room Tip: Grace was my favorite...no need to haul my heavy bags up the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Overall, I very much enjoyed my stay at Pinecrest. My room was clean, the company was good, the food was outstanding and they were VERY willing to cater to my many food allergies - even calling me in advance to make sure everything was ok.

However, whenever I review something, I think one should call attention to the negatives. Nothing would make me lower my score from an overall of 5 stars but I would have to say that it seemed like Janna's husband Jim was not that friendly to me. Perhaps being single or younger than some of the other guests? I don't know. Janna and Stacy were outstanding and made me feel very welcome. I thought another problem was the check-in process. While I did get a VERY brief tour of the house, it was not as thorough as the one my friend (and I) got at one of the other B&B's down the street. It would have been nicer to see features in my room in advance instead of just saying "here is your room" from the hallway.

None of the negatives take away from my wonderful stay though and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our three nights at the Pinecrest B&B, October 2011. The inn was lovely and comfortable and the innkeepers were friendly and very helpful. The location to town was an easy, beautiful walk. Just a short drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We slept like babies on a very firm, comfortable mattress and the bedding and towels were sparkling white and smelled delicious. Breakfasts were to die for, yummy waffles, quiche and french toast, all homemade with lots of sides. In the afternoon we came back to homemade baked goods, which were a real treat after a day of sightseeing. We can't wait for a return visit. Carol Mysel

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Janna was a kick and fun with whom I exchanged stories. Jim was a very nice gentleman and Stacey and Janna could not have been better hosts. They were fun, friendly, great cooks, and both with a great sense of humor. The historical house was impecable with furnishings that were tastefully done and just right with several antiques and a real homey feel. The beds were great and the accommodations were just right for a week get a way with my wife. They assisted us in every way to see the Biltmore House and Ashville's restaurants and sites.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

My sister and I recently stayed at the Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast for five nights. The innkeepers, Janna, Jim and Stacy were all wonderful and full of hospitality. Janna had great suggestions on places to visit and gave great directions. Stacy's breakfasts were fabulous. Each day breakfast was served by candlelight and the food was wonderful. We never ate lunch while we were there. The location is great; just about a mile walk into the downtown Asheville area. I would definitely recommend Pinecrest to anyone visiting the area. I hope to visit again and stay with these innkeepers.........they were great!

Room Tip: We stayed the first night in the Wible suite and the following four nights in the Cowley Room becaus...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast on our last visit to Asheville. Janna greeted us with a warm smile and showed us to our room. We stayed in the Wible suite which was perfect in every way. It was nicely furnished and decorated in a warm floral. The bathroom was huge with a clawfoot tub and shower. We enjoyed breakfast on two occasions during our stay. It was served in the dining room by candle light each morning at 9:00am. The first morning we were delighted with a yummy stuffed french toast. The second morning Stacy made a delicious egg dish with tomato and Nut Farm bacon, Wow. Janna was very helpful in giving us recommendations on dining and activities. We would definately stay at the Pinecrest again. They know how to take care of their guests. All the details are taken care of right down to the fresh flowers in the rooms and yummy baked goods set out in the afternoon.

3  Thank Dmc779
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I just returned from a delightful stay at the Pinecrest B and B. Janna was so welcoming and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were immaculate and complete with fresh flowers and other nice amenities. We couldn't think of a thing we'd want that wasn't provided. The breakfasts by Stacy were outstanding. Delicious, healthful, and very filling, we could do without lunch most days and when we returned each day there was another home baked treat awaiting us. I've already recommended this inn to friends and hope to return to see more of beautiful Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends