“Phenomenal!”

Pinecrest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I just spent the weekend in Asheville at the Pinecrest B&B. I cannot say enough good things about our experience. The first was in the booking process. The owners were accommodating about special requests I made regarding the billing process. When we arrived we were late checking in. The owners kindly called us to check on us and then made it convenient for us to check in at our leisure.

The rooms were charming and clean and the towels were very luxurious. The grounds of the B&B are beautiful (We were there in Nov. I'm sure they would be stunning in the Spring).

Our hosts were charming, genuinely friendly and very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. After finding out where our reservations were on Saturday night, they called the restaurant and told them we were celebrating a special birthday. We were floored that they went to such great lengths to make our stay special.

The breakfasts were SUPER yummy and they have coffee and tea on hand throughout the day. Also the chocolate chip cookie bars they put out mid-day were delicious and a very nice touch.

As an added benefit, they provide free WIFI. We plan on coming back to Asheville a lot and we will ALWAYS stay at the Pinecrest B&B.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here for 1 night as we travelled down the Blue Ridge Parkway. On arrival we were warmly greeted by Janna and shown to our room - the Wible Suite. The room is spacious and has a large queen size bed. There is also a very large bathroom with a clawfoot bath and separate shower cubicle. All bed linens, towels, soaps, etc. are of a high standard.
There is free Wi-Fi available throughout the property.
On the ground floor there is a lovely dining room where breakfast is eaten plus there is a beautiful sun lounge overlooking the garden where you can watch a wide range of birds eating at the bird feeders. A racoon arrived and raided the bird feeder that evening as we sat there! The lounge has a TV plus complimentary drinks such as wine, beer, tea, coffee, etc. There is also home baking available - the night we stayed it was chocolate cake!
Restaurants downtown are very close for dinner but we decided to visit a local neighbourhood restaurant - Nine Mile - which was only a very short walk away. It was excellent.
Breakfast at Pinecrest was excellent and freshly cooked. It was also great to eat with the other guests and hear there stories.
The only negative was the bed in the Wible Suite. The frame creaked at any slight movement and if you are a light sleeper this could prove troublesome. I looked at the frame in the morning and noted it did need a repair to the joints on one side. I mentioned this to Janna who promised she would investigate. Having experienced the quality of service at Pinecrest I'm sure any repairs would have been carried out promptly.
This establishment is well located, spotless, friendly owners, great breakfast and a relaxing place to be.
Despite the hiccup with the bed I would thoroughly recommend this B&B.

2  Thank Wilton2
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I travel quite a bit for business and whenever possible i like to stay at local B&B's to break the monotony of hotels. I have been traveling to Asheville for a number of years and my hands-down favorite of all the B&B's I have stayed at in the various cities i go to in the Carolinas is the Pinecrest Inn in Asheville. Located in a cool t old neighborhood, close to downtown and freeway, it's location is outstanding. I look forward to my long walks I like to take in the early mornings before they serve breakfast. This neighborhood is the best for doing that. Old,very safe, full of character, big trees and restored homes (or homes in restoration) give this traveler something to admire around every turn. And when I'm back, the breakfast is always simply the best. I'm not a cook by any streatch but I dont know how Stacy and Janna serve up traditional fare that just tastes so much better than you're use too. Really. So get your significant other and plan a trip to Ashevill and stay at the PInecrest. You will love it. Promise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Tired of impersonal service hotels in old sterile environments? Why not take in the charming, quaint, and hip surroundings of Asheville, NC in a cozy Bed and Breakfast? Pinecrest Inn Bed and Breakfast in Asheville is an impeccably clean, neat place to stay. My wife and I were there for four nights recently. Our room, the Wible suite (One of five bedrooms available) was amazing. It was large, had a gigantic bathroom including a clawfoot tub and separate shower. The room was decorated in a rose motif and had a queen size maple four poster bed. One of the owners, Janna warmly greets each guest and offers helpful tips on seeing the city, and within minutes feels like extended family.

Wake up your first morning to a wonderful breakfast, cooked to order, hot off the griddle, by Janna's daughter Stacy, another one of the owners. Amazingly, Stacy takes into account all of the allergies, preferences, etc. of her guests. Breakfast is served in the building's beautiful, cozy dining room right on time at 9AM sharp. Additionally, fresh-baked pasties are offered every afternoon. You can enjoy this afternoon treat on the sun porch while being amazed at the wild life just outside the windows. While we were there a mother raccoon with her baby on her back came by to attempt to get food from the bird feeder; looked like she had been there before. This place was unbelievably great. We were there because we're considering moving to Asheville. Even if we don't move there, we'll come back to visit Janna and Stacy. The BEST!!

Joe and Meg Elliott, Chicago

Room Tip: Choose a suite, Wible if possible.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This as my second visit to Pinecrest and will definitely not be my last. Janna, Jim and Stacy feel like family and I feel so comfortable at their B&B. The breakfasts and afternoon treats are delicious....can't wait to get down to breakfast to see what has been prepared and it's always wonderful. I have stayed @ many B&B's over the years and this is by far the BEST!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Pinecrest B&B is my NC home away from home. This was my 5th return visit; where do I start with what a great place this is to stay? Between the conscientious helpfulness of the innkeepers as well as their securing dinner reservations for us, the warmth of the beautiful, stately historic home, the delicious organic breakfasts, the comfort of the beds and softness of the linens, the yummy afternoon baked treats, the spotlessness of the inn and the close proximity to downtown, will I consider a 6th visit to this Asheville treasure? You betcha! It is always a delight to visit my friends at Pinecrest; I wouldn't consider any other Asheville B&B.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend in Asheville and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Pinecrest B&B. The innkeepers were very kind, personable, and helpful, and Stacy made excellent breakfasts each morning. She happily accommodated guests with particular dietary needs by providing them with alternate meals. We enjoyed chatting with the other guests around the breakfast table. Our room was cozy and comfortable, and the house has a lovely glassed-in porch and sprawling backyard. Late-night treats and drinks were always available to guests. Their free Wifi was also excellent (something my husband was quite happy about--he said it was better than our home connection). It really felt like a home away from home. To top it all off, we received a sweet thank-you note from Stacy a few days after we returned, thanking us for staying with them and adding some personal comments (she remembered that I am expecting a baby in April and wished us all the best). I have never experience that level of kindness from an inn before. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Asheville.