“Always open! Unexpected find!”
Review of Tod's Tasties

Tod's Tasties
Ranked #217 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Historic Montford
Morganton, North Carolina
“Always open! Unexpected find!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I were snowed in while staying a weekend in Asheville. Power was out throughout town. Everything was closed, except Tod's Tasties. We both agreed, the absolute best, hands down, chicken salad sandwich you will ever eat! We frequent Asheville, and always lunch it at Tod's Tasties.

• Visited December 2013

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A little confusing but great food!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

First time there so followed the arrows which took me to a counter. Someone was cooking and I wasn't sure if I was to place my order there or take a seat. Turns out you need to place your order then take a seat. Sat outside in the strange configured enclosed patio area (huge 2 foot step to other level). The wind kept blowing the door open letting in a chilly blast. I even put a chair (fire codes/) in front of it to block it from opening but the wind pushed the chair down. My tuna fish on a bagel was delivered but I had to go back to get napkins, salt, pepper, etc. Wasn't sure in the end if I was supposed to bus my own table or not. Turns out you are supposed to and the bus tray is near the un-sweet tea across from the order placing counter and cook. If you want sweet tea you have to add simple syrup which is strange because this is the South and I think 90% of the folks drink sweet tea. Despite the confusion, the tuna bagel was excellent and now that I know the ropes I can go back and not feel like a dolt! ;-)

• Visited March 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“want to eat with locals?”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Tod's is a great place to eat whether you want something light or a bit heavier and filling - your food is not going to be sitting under a warming light, so enjoy the wait and the sights - your food will come and worth the wait. i read all the time about the wait staff - i have absolutely nothing but good things to say - nice people who smile...

• Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
“Cute spot for a quick meal or coffee”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

OK - I went all out and tried the special of the day - the monkey bread french toast, which was very rich. I recommend this only if you have a full bottle of insulin with you. My friend went with the standard eggs and bacon with a cafe au lait. Sat outside and enjoyed ambience of Asheville.

Visited September 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Thoroughly Asheville: good food, long lines, hip attitude”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

All the complaints I read about this place are valid, but Tod's is great for two reasons: charm and hipness to nth degree, and amazement that such good food (and a pretty good assortment of it) came come out of such a small kitchen, which is right there in front of you as you place your order. My experience is the lines are worst on weekend lunches. But for a chance to sit in the sun outside in downtown (OK technically Montford) without being 6 feet from passing traffic noise is pretty awesome. And the now have canvas "walls" with clear plastic "windows" to allow outdoor seating in cooler weather.

• Visited November 2013