“Good local food”

Ranked #193 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Historic Montford
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I were driving through the neighborhood looking at the unique homes, having briefly driven through Riverside Cemetery. We noticed this place and decided to stop by for a quick lunch. If you're worried about the way a place that is making your food looks, then don't go here. It's very small and everything is right on top of one another. There is limited seating inside, most of it is outside. There are awnings and vinyl so it should be ok in cool or wet weather as well. The food was advertised as being very local and good quality. Our sandwiches were very good and tasted very fresh. When we left there was literally a line out the door for the place.

The menu isn't huge, mostly sandwiches/salads. Expect to be a little adventurous with your taste buds however. I had the Montford - Turkey, bacon, cheddar, and apple butter on rye. Different, but very good! We would gladly go back.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Besides being a convenient walk from Asheville Seasons B&B, Tod's has one of the best lattes I've had and their salad and sandwich was a great light meal to end a day (I like to eat light at night).

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I were snowed in while staying a weekend in Asheville. Power was out throughout town. Everything was closed, except Tod's Tasties. We both agreed, the absolute best, hands down, chicken salad sandwich you will ever eat! We frequent Asheville, and always lunch it at Tod's Tasties.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

First time there so followed the arrows which took me to a counter. Someone was cooking and I wasn't sure if I was to place my order there or take a seat. Turns out you need to place your order then take a seat. Sat outside in the strange configured enclosed patio area (huge 2 foot step to other level). The wind kept blowing the door open letting in a chilly blast. I even put a chair (fire codes/) in front of it to block it from opening but the wind pushed the chair down. My tuna fish on a bagel was delivered but I had to go back to get napkins, salt, pepper, etc. Wasn't sure in the end if I was supposed to bus my own table or not. Turns out you are supposed to and the bus tray is near the un-sweet tea across from the order placing counter and cook. If you want sweet tea you have to add simple syrup which is strange because this is the South and I think 90% of the folks drink sweet tea. Despite the confusion, the tuna bagel was excellent and now that I know the ropes I can go back and not feel like a dolt! ;-)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Tod's is a great place to eat whether you want something light or a bit heavier and filling - your food is not going to be sitting under a warming light, so enjoy the wait and the sights - your food will come and worth the wait. i read all the time about the wait staff - i have absolutely nothing but good things to say - nice people who smile...