“Wonderful, romantic getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Wonderful, romantic getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked this room on a whim as a date night for my husband and I. I got a great rate, and chose a room with a jacuzzi tub. The rooms were lovely, hotel staff very helpful, and quick. There was a lot of noise in the hall due to a youth group from a church on a trip, but they didn't bother us. The hotel is centrally located, a short drive to tons of restaurants, stores, and movie theaters. We were very impressed with our whole experience, and are going to start making this an annual weekend getway.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thanks for all of the awesome feedback! We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations and are happy to hear that you are making us a regular stop!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Ellijay, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed two separate days over the Thanksgiving week/end...we had a wonderful room on Thursday Nov. 28, 2013 with a jacuzzi tub and King bed..the hot tub and the pool were nice and we enjoyed our time relaxing in the hot tube, I swam in the pool and it was quite and nice.
The staff were helpful and when we requested a few extra pillows, they delivered the pillows right up..
We came back on Saturday, Nov 30, 2013, it was a last minute decision to come back and stay, we called and yes they has a room available, again they were wonderful, and accommodating to our needs, we went back to the hot tub and relax after a long day of sight-seeing, they have a small shop for snacks and drinks, they also have a wonderful fireplace with couch and chairs..the breakfast is also hot and more then enough...We have decided anytime we are in Asheville, NC we will stay there each time, and will recommend this to everyone..price wise was fair, and they do take AARP...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
It was great to receive your recent review of the Brookstone Lodge. We are happy you had a wonderful time with us and we look forward to seeing you next trip!
Jackson, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I can sleep just about anywhere but the beds in this hotel were hard and uncomfortable. I woke up with back pain. The heater rattled when turned on and the walls were thin. The room was very cramped. My husband and I do not spend much time in our room and went to sightsee but the rooms were very uncomfortable. We checked out early and called it a loss!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank King8277
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for the recent review. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. We don't often get complaints on the beds. Most enjoy the mattresses but sometimes we hear a pillow is too hard. We do keep softer pillows on hand and we bought a foam mattress topper if someone is use to a softer mattress and wants to borrow it. We are always willing to accommodate special requests if we are made aware. Please consider visiting us again. We would love to see you back!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Brookstone Lodge, Nov. 2013. The hotel had a nice appearance from the outside and in. The staff was very friendly with a special thanks to Roger-Dodger, the man who worked front desk that made our 3 children laugh and gave us all a more memorable stay! Our room and the pool/hot tub was very clean. The breakfast was great with many choices and a member of the staff was always keeping it cleaned up and well stocked. It's in a convenient location and is very affordable. The only thing I could complain about would be the parking. The first night we arrived it was very busy and we had a little bit of a hard time finding a parking spot. Overall our family had a wonderful experience and will definitely stay again when we travel through Asheville!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
It was great to read your review! Thank you very much for all the positive feedback! Our staff works hard to create memorable experiences with a touch of Southern Hospitality for all our guests!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I reviewed the Brookstone Lodge 3 yrs ago on a first visit to Asheville. We were back visiting family this past weekend. It is conveniently located close to our family.
Everything was as consistent as it was the last time. Quaint and clean accommodations, friendly staff, and accessible to all things Asheville.

One thing I absolutely loved and have never seen at any hotel before. A makeup towel in the bathroom! It was a blue towel with Make-Up embroidered into it. Whenever I stay somewhere I always feel guilty about dirtying the face cloth with makeup removal! This was a nice touch.

My only recommendation would be with the breakfast - More healthy options. I wanted a bowl of cereal, but noticed 3 of the 4 options were sugary cereals. Also the cereal wasn't labeled, so I had to pour a little bit of each into my bowl to determine whether it was Special K or Frosted Flakes (it was the latter). Also, more fruit selections would be helpful. I'm not a health nut by any stretch of the imagination, but we were going to be having a large lunch, so I just wanted a little something to start the day.

We will be back next time we are visiting family again.

Room Tip: Choose room on the parking lot side of the building. Some noise coming from the street side. Also...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AmyBeck49
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty! The make-up towel is a new idea and is being well received. Thanks for the breakfast suggestions. You have some good ideas.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The entire hotel appeared to have been recently renovated. My room was large and well furnished, the lobby looked inviting and the staff was friendly. The price seemed a bit high, but considering most hotels in and around Asheville are higher, I suppose it was about average. No complaints about the included breakfast - it was about average for this type of hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close to the I-40 exit, but quiet, and you don't see the highway from the hotel. G...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rich S
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are only in our 4th year so we have not had any renovations yet. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel.
Brasstown, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I booked a room through the desk late in the evening because my husband was brought to Asheville by ambulance and I was stuck on a Friday night! They arranged a wheelchair accessible room and gave me a fabulous rate. What nice people! I arrived to find a really great room, very easy accessiblity, comfortable, and nice folks. Excellent breakfast, eggs were piping hot and nicely cooked. I'll certainly call again if I plan to be in Asheville again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank GrannyOakley
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
we are glad we were able to accommodate you and thank you for the kind words.