“Nice motel, perfectly located”
Review of Brookstone Lodge

Brookstone Lodge
Ranked #40 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed five days and four nights in early June with wife and two kids. Stayed there last year also but didn't get to enjoy the place that much because we went at spring break and there was a freak snowstorm coming and we had to head home to beat it.

This is a solid, clean, no-frills hotel with good beds/pillows, a good breakfast, a good pool/hottub/exercise area and a helpful staff. And it's in a perfect location logistically ... the area around it is kind of spartan,you have to go to the Biltmore Village or find your way over to Hendersonville Road to get to any shops or restaurants. But you literally are minutes away from Biltmore Village, the Biltmore Estate itself, the Blue Ridge Parkway and downtown.

If you want to stay downtown amid all the hustle and bustle and excitement, and get 5-star service as far as bells and whistles, by all means employ those options (and pay those rates). If you want a "home base" that will allow you to easily do things all across the Asheville area as a whole, at reasonable rates, I highly recommend Brookstone Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BigG94
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Very good review! I enjoyed reading this one. Sounds like you know your stuff! See you again real soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked the Brookstone Lodge based on reviews here. Some were good and some were great. Overall we had a good experience. Our room was clean and well furnished. The breakfast was good. The staff was really friendly. For the money it was great experience.

Room Tip: We were on end of the 4th floor away from the road and I40. It was quiet and nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the recent review. We are happy you had a great stay with us!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We checked in on Saturday evening and found the staff to be very nice and helpful. Upon finding out we intended to visit Biltmore they offered us a package deal with tickets, wine & chocolates that saved us money. We stayed Sat - Tuesday and can't say one negative thing about the hotel. The Staff was awesome - the room was very nice - and complimentary hot breakfast each morning was delicious! We had a king room with a micro and refrig in room and very close to pool and gym room. Our stay was excellent and I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

It was very nice to read your review. Thank you so much for providing us with such positive comments! We hope you will return if you are ever in the area! Thanks again!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Let me start out by saying how picky I am when it comes to hotels....let's just say I'm a hotel "snob".....and I love the Brookstone Lodge!! If you've done research on hotels in the Asheville area you already know this hotel is a great price. I was a little concerned that I might not be 100% satisfied with this stay but was willing to take a risk since I was on a budget. But I could not have been more pleased! I've actually paid higher prices for worse hotels. Brookstone is lovely and I can't understand some of the negative reviews it's received?! The rooms are beautiful, updated, comfortable, large, and clean as a whistle! They also have a full complementary breakfast every morning. Eggs, sausage, toast, muffins, bagels, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, you name it. The food was always warm and fully stocked. I also give high praise to the staff and management. They are super friendly and very helpful, we loved everyone! This hotel is very convenient, right off the highway, easy to find and close to everything. I'll be staying here again! Thanks for the comfortable stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cjmf

What a great review! Thanks very much for all of the good feedback. We could not agree with you more! So great to have you. Please stay with us again!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The place is conveniently located right off I-40 & close to the major attractions of Asheville. Buffet breakfast is included with the room. Room nice, clean & the bedding comfortable. Offers a small refrigerator.

1  Thank Wally R

Thank you so much for all the positive feedback. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Brookstone on Monday, June 23 so we could have an early start touring the Biltmore house on Tuesday. We arrived a couple of hours before the schedule check-in time and the room was ready and we were allowed to check in. The room was nice and appeared to be clean, the only thing I prefer a softer mattress than we had, I guess our memory foam mattress has spoiled us. The Biltmore was a short drive from the hotel. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are grateful for your review and your recommending of our Lodge. See you next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Overall, the room was pretty nice. We had a mini frige, microwave, and a nice counter area right inside the door. The bathroom was clean as was the rest of the room. My only complaint is the firmness of the mattress. Just too firm for me. The pillows were the same.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for the recent review. We value your feedback.