“Nice on the outside, same as every chain on the inside.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brookstone Lodge

Brookstone Lodge
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Manila, Philippines
“Nice on the outside, same as every chain on the inside.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

The location is good in that is it just 15 min. from the airport but the immediate vicinity is not what I would call quait or picturesque. The Brookstone Lodge looks unique from the outside but once you are inside it is exactly the same as all the personality-less chain hotels like Amerisuties, Holiday Inn Express and so on. The breakfast was your std budget hotel breakfast included type hotel. THe exercise room was cramped and not very well equited. The room was large enough but dark. When I return to the area I will look for a hotel with a little more personality.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sichuanbob
BrookstoneAVL, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 11 September 2009
Thank you for giving us a chance and staying with us on your trip to Asheville. We strive to provide top customer service and help to make everyone's stay a bit more than the average hotel, but it seems that your stay did not meet your needs for exceptional. We do thank you for your feedback though.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2009

We were very happy with our stay at Brookstone! We will definitely stay there again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great feedback on our hotel. We do strive to make everyone's stay enjoyable and am glad to hear that you will be back here again. If we can do anything to help enhance your stay in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to you staying with us again.
SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2009

Stayed there on Aug 29th on the way to Nashville to see my daughter.Very nice clean hotel new opened in March.Loved the heated pool even though it was small and the jacuzzi Only complaint accidentally left my bathing suit there and was charged 12 dollars to ship it to me( manager said they were very busy when I called him )could have not charged me for that or at least sent it through USPS for less than that prob about 5 bucks but at least I got it back.Would stay there again on a return trip.Good breakfast in the morning convenient to Asheville and the Biltmore House right off of I-40.Liked the granite in the bathroom and flat screen tv.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
BrookstoneAVL, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 8 September 2009
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay here at Brookstone Lodge on your way to visit your daughter. We get wonderful feedback on our location and I am thankful it worked out for you as well. I am glad that we were able to locate your bathing suit and you now have it back. I am sorry that you were let down with the price of the shipment, but I did want to explain to you the reason. We mail all our stuff by UPS as to guarantee delivery on the items that are being sent back to our guests and they are now charging a fuel charge on their rates and that rate hike is unavoidable. We wanted to make sure that you received your package back and found UPS is the most reliable. I thank you for your feedback and hope that you stay with us again on your next trip to (or through) Asheville.
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night stay. The room was tastefully decorated, the bed comfortable, nice breakfast, friendly staff. I have already recommended to family. Kudo's to the management and staff!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BrookstoneAVL, manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 2 September 2009
Thank you so much for your feedback on your experience here at Brookstone Lodge. We value your opinion and look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Asheville, NC. We are happy that you had a wonderful time.
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

We stayed in this hotel as we were passing through Ashville. The hotel has a slight rustic look, and the appearance of quality. Our queen room was small, but beautifully decorated. It reminded me of staying in someone's guest bedroom in a private home. The room was clean and quiet. The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable. The bathroom was very clean, and even a bit classy. The breakfast was quite nice, though not amazing. The location is great ... just off the highway, out of the city, but a short ride into the city. The immediately surrounding scenery isn't impressive, but the quality, comfort and location make this great for a restful night. It's a bit too small for long stays, though.

1 Thank Aliyah21
BrookstoneAVL, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 20 August 2009
Thank you for your review on our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our single queen rooms (Petite Queen) are the smallest room we have . We call it a room for the person on the go. Please be sure to try our other room types on your next stay as i am sure you will be pleased with the comfort and size. (that way you can stay a little longer and enjoy all that Asheville has to offer)

Thank you again. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

My daughter and I were going to the Penland School of Arts and Crafts annual auction and needed a place to stay in Asheville for 3 nights. I found the Brookstone Lodge on the internet (always a crapshoot) but it was great in every way. From the reservation through the checkout, the staff and accommodations exceeded my expectations. I love being around happily employed people. The rooms were large, clean and the AC is magnificent allowing you to snuggle and sleep wonderfully under the down duvet on the comfy beds. I would return for sure if I ever visit Asheville again.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank Sarah S
Thank you for giving us a chance. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and am glad that you had a wonderful experience while in town. A good attitude is contagious and we hope that our staff allowed their good mood to cross over to you on your trip. We do hope that you can make it back to Asheville, NC in the future and look forward to your stay with us again at Brookstone Lodge.
Williamsburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

I found this hotel in May when I was booking for a trip to Asheville at the beginning of August-$81 /night, AAA rates for 4 nights. While the location can be described at best as convenient-right off I-40 and about a mile down the road from Biltmore House, the style of the hotel is lovely-craftsman-like and its the inside that counts. The level of service was wonderful-everyone is polite and helpful, from the desk staff to the housekeepers. The room was large, the bathroom is large and the fridge and microwave in the room was very convenient. The beds are comfy and clean-don't think I didn't check for bedbugs-none! Free wifi and a nice flat screen tv. The breakfast area itself was small but there is a nice outdoor area to eat right down the hall and the mornings are nice and cool. The landscaping is new and will eventually grow up to hide the highway. Couldn't have found a better hotel for the location and the price when you consider the other hotels in Asheville. I would stay here again in a second.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
tyler0831, general manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 13 August 2009
Thank You for the positive comments and i look forward to seeing you again in the future.thanks,Matthew