“Great hotel for families visiting Asheville”
Review of Brookstone Lodge

Brookstone Lodge
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Sumter, South Carolina
“Great hotel for families visiting Asheville”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My wife, kids, and I travel to Ashveville frequently to hike, bike, and play. This was our second time staying at the Brookstone. The people at this hotel, both front desk and housekeeping, are really great. They were kind enough to let us use the maintenance room as our bike storage closet and the hose at the back was our bike wash station. My kids love the indoor pool and we even walked up the hill and enjoyed a few hours at Fun Depot.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
We are so happy you had a great stay! It is good to hear the staff was able to direct you to a storage room and a water hose for cleaning your bikes! We love Asheville's Fun Depot too, and it is so close to the hotel, you can just walk!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Maine
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We stayed three nights at this hotel and found all of the staff very pleasant and helpful, in particular the front desk and housekeeping staff. They were very attentive and made our stay very enjoyable. The indoor pool was nice, and although the spa was out of order during our visit, that looked very inviting. The breakfasts were good - similar or maybe a notch above what you would expect in a Hampton Inn: sausage and gravy, biscuits, bagels, waffles, yogurt, cereal, juice, fruit, etc. Coffee was very good. Room similar to a Hampton too. I did find the bed a bit firm as noted in other reviews, but I asked and rec'd a softer pillow which made it better. It wasn't enough to prevent me from returning - there are other hotels I won't stay at because the beds are too firm. We appreciated the refrigerator in our king room and the flat screen tv. Overall, we were very happy with this experience.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your feedback!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The room was not ready at check in, nor was it clean when they finally did let us check in. The website is completely misleading- the accommodations are not luxurious in the slightest. I would equate it with a low quality motel. The location is not convenient to any of Asheville's attractions. WAY over priced. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mma25
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 13 January 2011
Thanks for recent review. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. It is very important to us that our guests have a nice stay and that they feel they get a good value. We take pride in offering a great product at a great price. If you need to check in early, we can do that. If you need to check out late, we can do that too. Our location is very convenient to Biltmore Estate, Blue Ridge Parkway and downtown Asheville and our friendly front desk staff is available 24 hours a day to get you to all of Asheville's hot spots and "must visit" places before you go!
Townville, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2011

As part of our Christmas celebration I took my daughter, her friend, and a friend of mine to Ashville and Biltmore Estate. We shared a room with 2 queen beds. With a love seat, chair, desk with desk chair, we had enough comfortable seating. There was a micro and small refrig also. Everything was clean and we felt safe there. We enjoyed the cont breakfast which had sausage links, eggs, waffles, bisquits & gravy, toast, muffins, fruit, yougurt, juice, cereal, coffee, etc. Breakfast room is very small, but they did open up a meeting room next door with table and chairs. Nice big fireplace in lobby. Every employee we dealt with was very polite. We thought we received good quality for the money and will stay there again.

rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Your comments are well received. It is our number one priority that each guest has a great overall experience at a good value. Thanks again! See you soon.
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Very clean, adequate hotel and very reasonably priced. The bed is on the hard side but I was so tired from a long drive that I still slept well. The breakfast though is a bit worse than most continentals. Waffle batter way too thin. Coffee not good. I don't think I would stay longer here than 1 night. If looking for a bargain I would recommend this hotel.

rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Our beds and pillows are considered firm to some guests and our breakfast is a "deluxe continental." It has hot food such as scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and gravy and a waffle station in addition to traditional continental fare, all complimentary with your stay. We are grateful for your comments, and are always looking to improve our overall guest satisfaction.
Cornelia, Georgia
Reviewed 30 December 2010

My 5 yr old daughter became sick and we had to change the bed linens. The hotel had no additional blanket or comforter...in the entire hotel! We used towels as blankets. The following morning I mentioned this to the front desk attendant because I wanted to make sure this didn't happen to anyone else. She proceeded to tell me where I should have looked. Like I have access to the housekeeping facilities! Another co-worker acknowledged that, she too, couldn't find any additional comforters a few days before. Based on the response I received from the front desk, I decided to let the manager know about this through e-mail. I didn't ask for anything; just wanted him to know what happened. I got no response. This put a bad taste in my mouth and will not stay here again.

rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Thanks for your recent review. We apologize for not being able to produce extra linen when it was absolutely necessary. We do, in fact, carry extra blankets and comforters and even super soft pillows upon request. I am sorry and I hope that you will consider us again on your next trip to Asheville.
Charleston, WV
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Brookstone is a great hotel with clean rooms, pleasant staff and very good breakfast. It is a little out of Asheville but a straight drive into town and the Biltmore. You will need to travel to find places to eat other than breakfast. Prices are reasonable and we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, 11 January 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you had a nice stay with us. We look forward to your return!