“Best Stay Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best Stay Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Hotel Indigo for a quick getaway for our anniversary. Since I am a Holiday Inn Platinum member we were upgrated to a Penthouse Suite. The stay was perfect...the location is great!!!
The staff was top notch. This will be my only choice when visiting Asheville.
Thanks again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Phillip B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

We decided to splash out a bit on this hotel because we wanted to make the most of all the restaurants and bars in Asheville centre without having to worry about getting back to the hotel and it was definitely worth it. The hotel had a very modern decor which we liked and a huge tiled shower which was, in the words of my boyfriend, "as big as my old apartment in NYC". The bed was large and comfortable and the cafe downstairs had a good range of wine, tea, coffee, muffins and other snacks to eat in it while watching the latest on the election on the TV.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

We were sadly unimpressed with this hotel. My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon and we spent 3 days in Asheville at the Hotel Indigo. Here are my pro's and con's.

Pro's- location is central to all things downtown Asheville. Bathrooms are super nice. We enjoyed an executive suite which gave me a nice deep tub to soak in. The homemade granola and fruit breakfast was really good.

Con's- Parking is not suited for trucks. The bar and restaurant is like a contemporary fast food joint. The beds are AWFUL- Way too hard for our taste. The cleaning staff came into our room despite the fact that we had a do not disturb sign on the door (terrible!!!). The phone in our room did not work. The lights came on unprovoked (weird). And as we had breakfast on the last day we sat and overheard the staff speak terribly about some of their co-workers and guests.

Sadly we will not return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Just S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Shellie T

I appreciate your feedback regarding our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving us your honest feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

The indigo has just the right mix of contempory and comfort. The hotel staff could not be more helpful and friendly in assisting the traveler and suggesting places to eat and visit while in this interesting little city in the mountains. The food in the lobby cafe is good for a quick snack and off you go.

Room Tip: Go up for a great view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Indigo for one night on business. Hotel was very easy to find off of the expressway and was also very convenient to downtown. My room wasn't available when I first arrived but was ready soon after. Parking was fairly convenient and underground to the hotel. I got a great parking space when I first checked in but had a little difficulty finding a spot when I returned from dinner. You can't access the parking garage until after check in and receive your room key, but there was space available in the circle when I arrived.

The room was pretty spacious and had a great view of the Grove Park Inn! My room did face the expressway but noise didn't seem to be much of an issue for me. The decor and furniture in the room and hotel was interesting. Not really good or bad just different. However, the Indigo Hotels are known to be a bit eccentric. Room was clean and I had ample space to work. WiFi was complimentary which was great!

Overall it was a good stay. Price a bit high as compared to some of the other options in Asheville but they are very convenient to downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and view of grove park inn
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

From the moment you arrive, you get a great vibe. From the friendly face at the front desk to the iPads for rent at check-in, it was a wow experience! Great location to downtown and the expressway, contemporary in style. Walk to all restaurants, easy access on and off highway. Rooms were great, roomy and new. Bartenders were very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Apex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I was looking for a nice place for a weekend get-away for our 28th wedding anniversary. As a Platinum hotel member, I choose this hotel for nice weekend in the mountains. While it was a nice place, it was not a great place and had a few issues that would prevent me from coming back again.

First off, forget about easy parking just to check in, you can’t get into the parking deck without a key and you can’t find a place in the tight circle to park to go inside. I went inside to check in as my wife waited in the car, having to move it twice just so that someone else can get by, the working water fountain out front just added to the cramp parking conditions.

Second, when I checked in at the desk and was greeted and went through the normal processes of checking in, nothing was mentioned at all about my platinum loyalty status. Not only that when I was asked what brings me to the hotel and I mentioned it was our 28th wedding anniversary, the clerk just great. It appeared that he was just going through the motions asking standard questions.

Third, we received a call from room service, asking how we wanted our eggs cooked for breakfast. I informed them that we did not order breakfast and that it was a mistake. I was told that I did order room service and I again stated I did not and was told they would cancel the order. I was surprise when about thirty minutes later a breakfast order was delivered to our room and we again said it was not ours. Finally, they realized they had the wrong room and left.

Finally, the room on the 8th floor had a nice view of the AT&T parking lot and was right by the elevator. Not what I was expecting as a platinum member. Even on the eight the floor, we heard all the traffic noise below. Lots of sirens, car horns all night long and let us not forget all the noise coming from the elevator that was right outside our door all night as well.

We loved Asheville; we will just look elsewhere for a good nights sleep.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank peakway3
AVL-Indigo-AGM, Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am extremely concerned with the problems that you mentioned. We are currently looking into additional parking and valet service, that will eliminate parking hassles for our guests. I am very sorry that, as a Platinum member, you were not recognized properly. Our loyal members are the backbone of our business, and I will be addressing your concerns with our staff.

If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me at hrice@hlihotels.com.