“Fantastic Location and Overall Great Hotel!”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic Location and Overall Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I recently returned home from a 4-day business trip out to Asheville, and I decided to stay somewhere closer to downtown Asheville, and Hotel Indigo seemed to have it all. I really enjoyed this property! Firstly the location: Everything that you want to go do in terms of shopping and eating is right across the street, literally less than 2-blocks away. You're also near the Grove Arcade that has some great shops located in it. I should also add that the highway entrance is right next to the hotel, so it's super easy to get out and go to The Biltmore or anywhere else you need to go in Asheville. The hotel itself is very modern, and each room is very spacious. I really enjoyed having a Keurig K-Cup machine in the room, but I will say it would be nice if the included K-Cups that are in the room could be caffeinated coffee instead of decaf and some teas, so I'd bring some along with you from home if you want coffee in the morning. There are only a few things I can knock this hotel on that can be quite irritating at times: 1) The shower. In my experience I would turn the water on to full heat and it would take close to 5 minutes to go from ice cold to hot, so just prepare for a wait. And 2) The elevators: Prepare for a wait, there's only two of them and they take forever sometimes to pick you up. Other than that I can't complain about anything else. The staff was very friendly, the conference room we were using was very spacious, everyone was willing to help us out when we needed it, and overall I had a great experience there!

Room Tip: Bring caffeinated K-Cups with you to use in your Keurig machine, as they are not included in the roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are simply delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your thoughts on how we can improve, and we will do everything in our power to ensure your next visit is more relaxing.

jbratcher@hlihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

We did not book this hotel ourselves as it was a business trip. Our room was $203 but I'm confident a better price could have been found.
The Indigo has a modern decor similar to Aloft hotels. Although not directly in the hub, it is conveniently located right off I-240 but is within easy walking distance of downtown activity and just a few blocks from the Grove Arcade. Parking is free.
We had a corner room that was bright and spacious. There was a large bathroom, entry area, desk and a comfortable lounge chair with ottoman. The floor is a faux wood laminate or vinyl which I don't mind
There was a small area rug under the lounge chair. The item that seemed missing in a room this size was a small refrigerator.
The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet except I could near the woman next door walking in heels on the hard-surfaced floor.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would request a room that doesn't directly overlook I-240.
Green Features: They had a recycle trash can in the bedroom which I appreciated.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelerCarolina
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are proud to be decorated with custom-made local furniture and local artwork. We hope to be your choice on your next visit to Asheville!

Warmly,

Deerfield Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We got a great deal on Priceline
The hotel is very close to the interstate and also convenient to downtown Asheville to walk around the town, The modern decor was not our taste but it was very well done. My favorite part of the room was spacious bathroom really great shower! Would definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are s glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Camden, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

So I had visited this hotel while a friend was staying during the summer. Great view of the mountains, great bar, great location... So... I got a bit of a steal using priceline.com when I brought my mother in law up for her birthday to visit the Biltmore House. I was super excited for a room with a view (requested upon arrival). They switched us to a room with two beds and it happened to be the only one available. :o) However, we were a bit sniffly from allergies and discovered no kleenex in the holder in the bathroom, a bulb missing from a lamp, and wine stains on one set of sheets. I got them to bring kleenex but we were exhuasted from the day and I didn't bother mentioning any of the other stuff until checkout, at which point the front desk said "I'll let maintenance know." We were only there for a night so not sure if everything would have been fixed... I was just a little disappointed. We did have a latte and creme brulee (pumpkin!) from the bar after dinner on Monday night and it was excellent. Keurig in the rooms is great and the bathrooms are to die for.

Room Tip: the view of the mountains is by the interstate so you do get noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Your feedback is our most important resource for finding where we can improve. We are simply crushed to hear that you were disappointed with your experience with us. We hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Asheville.

Warmly,

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

The front desk is amazing. They are always friendly and great me by name. Lisa refers local restaurants and night life events. She gives detailed directions that are within walking distance.

The hotel is beautiful and always provides first class service!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words! We are delighted to be able to provide you with such excellent service during your Asheville vacations. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Warmest Wishes,

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just stayed in a "king view suite" on the 12th floor. Below are my pros and cons of the stay.

Pros:

1. Location. The hotel is easy accessed from the highway (which is also a potential con; see below). You can walk to all of the downtown shops, restaurants, and attractions in an easy 5-10 minutes. You won't need your car after check-in unless you need to venture outside of downtown.

2. Staff. Everyone is extremely friendly. I received a call one week prior to my check-in from the hotel's concierge. She was very knowledgeable, and sent a thorough email with numerous, helpful suggestions based upon our telephone conversation. Everyone at the hotel was friendly, and very responsive.

3. Lobby. The hotel has a great lobby with an open restaurant and full bar area. You can buy all the basics such as coffee, water, local brews, snacks, etc. I also saw a short, but good menu for breakfast. I am not sure whether a menu is offered for lunch and/or dinner.

4. Room. The "king view suite" is described as a "penthouse" on the hotel's website, but is actually located on the 12th floor (of 13). I found the photographs on the hotel's website to be extremely accurate. Our room did not have a tub (one was not promised), but did have a large walk-in shower. Aveda bathroom amenities were a nice touch. Overall, the room was very spacious, modern, and clean. Wi-Fi in the room was great. The bar area of the living room had a Keurig coffee maker, a mini-fridge, and a bar sink. The terrace had great views of the mountains, a large dining table with chairs, and a separate sitting area.

Cons:

1. Location. While the location of the hotel is great for walking to downtown activities, it is literally right next to the main highway which stays busy throughout the day and night. We were 12 floors up, and could hear a decent amount of noise from the highway. During the day, the noise was not a problem. But, at night, the noise was a little annoying when you tried to go to sleep. If you are a light sleeper, try requesting a room that faces downtown. Unfortunately, you will probably lose some of the great mountain views.

2. Elevators. If you use the elevators during the morning/mid-day hours, you may encounter delays. There did not appear to be a service elevator so everyone is vying for the hotel's two elevators. In the morning, we got on the elevator several times with staff who were riding one floor up or down with cleaning carts, room service carts, etc. Again, everyone was friendly, but it made for a long ride when you stop at every floor.

3. Little details. There was no bottled water in the room even for purchase. Of course, this was remedied by going to the lobby to buy water. I did request several bottles be placed in the room one day which the front desk staff quickly did. When the cleaning service restocked the coffee, they forgot to restock the napkins, cream, sugar, and stirrers. The hotel website said that a newspaper would be delivered to the room daily, but this never happened. There were, however, several different newspapers available in the lobby.

Overall, I was pleased with the hotel, especially the friendliness of the staff. I would likely return, but would consider requesting a room that is less subject to the highway noise (that is just a personal preference as a light sleeper).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a thorough review! We always strive to provide excellent service and a personalized vacation in Asheville. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We are working on ways to streamline our elevator service and eliminate the bother of highway noise. We look forward to any opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warmest Wishes,

Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed two nights and dined in the hotel lobby lounge and had room service. Food was fantastic and included some local cuisine. Parked in the secure underground lot which was fantastic and kept my motorcycle dry during a rain storm. Took a day ride into the mountains and through Great Smoky Mountains National Park. View from my corner room on the 6th floor was beautiful. Staff was cordial and very helpful. Would choose this hotel again and again.

Room Tip: Corners rooms facing the mountains have a fantastic view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
We so appreciate the beautiful sentiment! We have such an amazing team of service-minded professionals who are dedicated to providing exceptional experiences for our guests. Our new culinary team will be excited to know you enjoyed the nourishment. We look forward to your next visit to Asheville!