“Great Hotel”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here for a night on 12/20. We had the basic room. The hotel is really nice with a cool modern style. It is in an awesome location where you can walk to everything downtown. We enjoyed some cocktails at the bar before heading out for dinner. We found the room to be a good size and the bathroom was really cool. Especially the shower. The one downfall of the room is what others have mentioned, you can definitely hear road noise from the highway. I like quiet when I sleep and had a lot of trouble falling asleep. Not sure if they can put better windows in, if they did it would be five stars. The staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Maybe see if you request a room on the side away from the highway. I forgot to and regret it
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Double_D00
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Me and my husband stayed here on our way through North Carolina and really enjoyed the hotel. The decor was very cool and modern. The room we had was somewhat small but we really enjoyed the floors and the decor in there as well. The only thing we didn't care for was the bar, the drinks we got one evening were just not very good... (dirty gin martini and a gin n tonic, fairly easy to make). But, not a big deal! We were out at the breweries for the majority of our trip.

Overall though I think is a great place to stay in downtown Asheville and we would stay there again if we were back in town!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne S

Thank you for your kind words. I am so sorry that our beverages didn't impress you, and I assure you we will remedy this! We hope to see you again on your next visit through Beer City, USA!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I had an overnight stay here last week. We had been planning to try this hotel as we are in Asheville several times a year. The hotel is quite nice, furnishing are very interesting and comfortable, the bathroom elegant and well appointed. I was disappointed by the fact that the room was not very clean. Baseboards were dirty, hotel room floor was not clean (and there is no carpet to inhibit cleaning). The bathroom however, was spotless. I'm hoping the cleanliness level was just a one-off day.

Staff are nice and I must say the room service food was excellent, as was the service.

I think you would want to give the hotel a try.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the highest level you can get in order to get a good view of the mountains...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ExploringtheEarth
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Your feedback is invaluable in our quest to improve our services. Thank you so much for sharing about your experience. I am astonished that your room was not up to our immaculately-clean standards and I assure you that this is not the "norm" here at the Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown. I certainly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

jbratcher@hlihotels.com

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Really enjoyed our stay but they really need to address the water pressure in the shower. Everything else is exceptional, service, location etc. Bathroom has great shower and then you turn on the water and what a disappointment. We will return but this would put them over the top.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side face the beltway and have traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are working on a plan to improve our water pressure while remaining green, which is a bit of a challenge. Hopefully our water pressure is to your satisfaction on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked this hotel based upon Tripadvisor reviews, and we were not only not disappointed, we were blown away! The location is superb - right in the heart of downtown Asheville. The room was large and comfortable and the bathroom was so great that my husband took a pic of the shower (he said that was what he wanted for his souvenir!). The staff was full of "southern hospitality" and very anxious to address any request. We will stay here again, no question.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this phenomenal review! We strive to blow every guest out of the water, and are overjoyed that we succeeded during your visit. We look forward to serving you on your next visit!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I don't think I've never been moved to write a review before checking out before, but this place is so friendly and nice and accommodating that I had to. We are traveling with our large puppy and are staying in a pet-friendly room. What a great room! The floors are wood-look laminate with area rugs (a blessing in a pet-friendly room, which I was sort of dreading) and the whole place is just clean and classy. An artisan dog biscuit that said "Welcome" was waiting in the room.

The pet fee is $50 but totally worth it in my opinion.

The front desk staff when we checked in was wonderful -- helpful and friendly. When we got to the room we realized we'd need a rollaway bed brought up, and even though it was pretty late they had one to us fully made up in just a few minutes. Our bed is comfortable and the bathroom is cool.

I have a less than impressive view of the parking lot next door, but am so happy with this place I just admire the mountains in the distance when I look outside. Great neighborhood too, tons of restaurants within walking distance. Pretty Catholic church next door with nice church bells.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SWVirginia

We are thrilled that you had such a phenomenal stay with us in Asheville! We strive to provide the best possible service for our guests and their furry friends! Thank you so much for sharing this glowing review with us. We look forward to serving you next time!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is my second time at this place. the staff is very friendly. The rooms are really bright with very modern decor, Good view and very centrally located, will go there again and recommend to my friends,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words! Our team truly adores serving our guests. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Asheville!

Best Wishes,