1,673 results
All reviews penthouse suite corner room aveda products grove arcade within walking distance floor to ceiling windows huge shower filtered water modern hotel self parking high floor great view of the mountains off the highway great room mini fridge king bed coffee maker
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We have stayed here twice. It's really close to the Grove Arcade which has some awesome, local shops, wine bar, restaurants, and a really cool place we found, The Book Exchange (champagne bar and used bookstore).

We parked our car and didn't leave for three days.

The staff were all terrific.

The room was a little dated but nice and for the mountain view we had, it was awesome. Would recommend for sure

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo for three nights in September 2017. We chose the Hotel Indigo because of its location, excellent Tripadvisor reviews, and its feature in the New York Times's "36 Hours in Asheville" article. The location was exactly as promised, but unfortunately the hotel is basically an overpriced Holiday Inn.

I summarize the overall pros/cons below, but wanted to share one experience that left a bad taste in our mouths. We spent nearly every day outside, hiking and rafting, so did not pay for valet as street parking was easy enough. When we went to check out, I saw that the hotel had already emailed me my receipt, so planned to just drop off my key and let the front desk know we were leaving. However, the person at the front desk went on to read off the room charges and stated that we had been charged for three days of valet. When I said that we never valeted the car, he said that it is the hotel's practice to charge everyone for valet and remove the charges later if the guest says they did not use the valet.

This is a terrible practice! The hotel charges people up front for services not rendered, and they should not be doing this, he got defensive and gave a number of reasons for this practice (including some incredible ones like: the only parking available on the property is valet, so assuming everyone drives, they must all valet!). They may have their reasons, but I travel frequently and have never encountered a hotel with this practice.

Although we didn't love the hotel, this experience left us feeling truly disappointed in the hotel. We would not return to the Hotel Indigo.

Pros:
- Location
- Large Room

Cons:
- Overpriced (nearly $300/night)
- Dishonest policy re valet charges
- Rooms are showing their wear (mold in the shower; dinged-up furniture)
- Uniniviting, cheap-looking lobby

Room Tip: As for a high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adventuress123
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hi Adventuress123,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback is important. We consistently aim to provide comfortable accommodations. That said, I'm pleased to read your kind remarks for our location and room setup. On the downside, I'm sorry to hear that our pricing, room upkeep, and the service level provided by Front Desk fell below expectations. Your thoughts are valuable and I appreciate you letting us know about this. What transpired will be shared with the management to help improve our services and so similar situations are handled in the best possible way.

Thanks again for leaving a thorough account of your experience. I hope we get to welcome you back for a chance to make your next visit better than the last.

Kind Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Indigo in Asheville for 2 nights as a trip with friends. The hotel itself is nice and customer service was great. It's in a good location for walking to sites and restaurants and easily accessible from the interstate. My first complaint is that this place is way over priced. I have stayed in multiple Indigo properties all over the US and Europe and this is one of the most expensive I've been to. As an example, we paid $100 less per night for the hotel indigo in London this August and the breakfast was included there. Second complaint is that the hotel overlooks the interstate. While this is great for accessibility, even if you are on a high floor the traffic noise is quite loud. The AC in our room was also ridiculously loud and actually woke me up from a dead sleep multiple times during the night. The thing sounds like a freight train. Our friends in a different room had the same comment. I ended up sleeping in ear plugs to get some rest. Finally, housekeeping was very spotty. The toilet in our room was dirty when we arrived. I didn't want to change rooms after we moved in our stuff, so I didn't complain, but if you are paying almost $350/night for a hotel, your bathroom should at least be clean.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CT_Tenn
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear CT_Tenn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We certainly appreciate your nice feedback on our service level and location. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the highway noise and for not living up to your expectations regarding our cleaning staff and air-conditioning system. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation.

Joel A

Reviewed 10 September 2017

For $150 per night, I would have no complaints. But we were there for Labor Day weekend, the room was over $300 per night, and I was exceedingly disappointed. The housekeeping was so irregular -- one day all our soap and shampoo disappeared, the next day we didn't get any towels or toilet paper -- that the desk gave us $90 off (which still left us paying over $300 per night). Does the housekeeper have a checklist? No. Well, maybe it's time.
The room was OK. Pet friendly so there are dogs all over the place. Considering the sloppy housekeeping, that did not make me happy, although the dogs were all very well behaved. Yeah, cause they weren't paying.
Be sure you get free parking -- otherwise it's $18 per night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Isaac P
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Hi Isaac P,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for staying with us. As one of our guest, your feedback is very important to us as it aids our hotel in continuous improvement. I'm happy to read that you found the room to be commendable. However, it is of great concern that the bathroom amenities and rates you encountered was disappointing. I am sorry that not everything measured up to your expectations. While I understand your disappointment towards the increase in rate, please note that room pricing is affected by the demand and availability during events. Nonetheless, I want to assure you that your less-than-stellar experience is not the impression we'd like to leave. Your valuable comments are important and these will be relayed to the upper management to help point out areas that need additional attention so we can set the right expectations. If your travel brings you to the area in the future, we hope you give us another chance.

Again, thank you for making us aware.

Regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We were looking for a dog friendly hotel near downtown Asheville. The Hotel Indigo met our needs. The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful. A shout out goes to the diner/bar staff for looking after the guests. If others are considering staying here with their pets they should know that there is only a very small area available for letting your dog do his thing and walking your dog in this area is somewhat difficult due to the proximity of the highway and area traffic. Our air conditioner was a bit noisy and the room is already showing wear and tear. Readers should be aware that there is no free parking in the area so you are compelled to use valet parking when you drive to or from this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017
3  Thank DanTColeman
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hi DanTColeman,

Thank you for leaving a candid review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value each feedback as this will allow us to identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. Thank you for noting our hotel staff and the customer service they delivered.

However, I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the parking situation and the location. I also regret any inconvenience you had with the air conditioning system and with the overall condition of the room received. Your comments are noted and will be discussed by our management for proper evaluation and improvement.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.