Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$261
US$254
  • Restaurant
US$99
Country Inn
US$201
US$178
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
US$134
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$349
US$314
Official Site
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
Renaissance Hotels
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$276
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,627 results
All reviewspenthouse suitecorner roomgrove arcadewithin walking distancefloor to ceiling windowshuge showerfiltered watermodern hotelself parkingwalk in showerhigh floorgreat view of the mountainsoff the highwaygreat roommini fridgeking bedbiltmore estate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We found it difficult to find a nice inexpensive place to stay back in Oct. 2009 and ended up at the Crowne Plaza which is not downtown. Last month we booked the Hotel Indigo and not only was is cheaper than CP, it was ten times nicer. It's in a great location and in warmer weather we could have walked everywhere we wanted to go downtown! We did ask for a room away from the interstate when we noticed half the rooms faced that way upon arrival. There were a couple of menu items that were gluten-free, an added plus since I can't eat gluten and low to mid priced hotels (in the U.S) aren't the best places to find safe dining options. Our room service breakfast arrived before promised and was quite delicious!

We are headed back to Asheville soon and have booked again at Hotel Indigo. I'm not sure if the recession has something to do with their fabulous pricing but this places currently offers an exceptional value in Asheville. The staff members are friendly, helpful and thoughtful. The spa shower is lovely and the bathroom is a wonderful size. The only way the room could be improved on is if they had a little mini fridge but most people don't need to store gluten-free foods. A small cooler suffices when I don't have that amenity in a room. If you like new, clean boutique type hotels, give Hotel Indigo a try!

2  Thank promopro2
Reviewed 1 March 2010

So this past week my girlfriend and I stayed at the Indigo for a weekend away from everyday life. We chose this hotel due to its proximity to downtown Asheville and because it was rated highly among trip advisor users. We stayed in a room that had a king bed and over looked downtown Ashville, not the interstate side of the hotel. I will agree with previous users about their opinion on the AT&T parking lot outside of the hotel window. The room had modern decor with a few different twists. There was no carpet, but had false hard wood flooring. The bathroom was nice except that I didn't agree with the bathroom door (slotted). The shower was a nice tiled walk in with a teak table for your show belongings. The room did seem to be too bright during the morning due to the fact that our room faced east and the curtains didn't overlap much.

The location couldn't have been better. We had decided before going that we wanted to experience downtown Asheville for everything that it had to offer. We were able to walk to every place and using the map that Indigo provided find places we were looking for.

The complaints that I have is that when our room got serviced house keeping didn't replace our glasses and forgot to replace our towels, but that’s not the biggest problem I had. My girlfriend and I noticed after we had been there for a day that we had developed rashes on our body from the bedding. So we called down to the front desk to talk to someone about it. They said that a manager would call me back soon. After talking with the assistant manager, he agreed to come change the sheets out. Thirty minutes pass with out no contact. I again call the front desk and they knew nothing of the matter. Finally after an hour of waiting someone showed up to replace the sheets. We were preparing to head out for the evening and so we were waiting around. Now mind you I have never broken out in rashes from any other stay at any other hotel. This event was unfortunate in that it affected our stay. During our checkout the front desk tried to smooth things over with a reduction of our bill by 10%.

The fact remains is that we chose this place because of its location to downtown and that it was apart of the upper tier of hotels in Asheville. Because of those cuiteria, I feel as though this hotel did not live up to its potential. If I am paying for a quality stay then that is what I am expecting. Due to that, I would not recommend this hotel to a friend. Not because of the rashes that we encountered, but because I felt as though we did not receive the value we expected.

1  Thank Phillip S
Reviewed 27 February 2010

We come to Asheville on a regular basis. We've stayed at many places; rented cottages, panoramic view room at the Grove Park, a stay at the Biltmore, etc., but our visit and stay at one of the Indigo Condominimums has been the best. The hotel amenities, the condo amenities, the staff, all of it was fabulous. Each room is individualized for a positive atmosphere. The staff couldn't be more friendlier or helpful, the location is centralized for all Asheville activities, restaurants and shopping. And, what makes it even better is that the prices are extremely reasonable. Except for buying a place of our own, whenever we visit Asheville again, The Indigo is where we'll stay. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Reviewed 18 February 2010

What a great hotel. New, modern, bright, classy, excellent location, very nice staff.
The funny thing is that I had problems sleeping at night because the room was so light, even with the curtains closed. The outside of the hotel is very bright, and the curtains didn't shut out the light (on the 8th floor, anyway...) Also, there was a gap under the door to the hallway, and that let in more light.
If it wasn't for the light, I'd say the hotel was almost perfect. Ask for a room away from the highway noise...

Reviewed 17 February 2010

Hotel Indigo is just what downtown Asheville needed. The hotel is conveniently located right off the freeway, but just a short walk from some of the best restaurants and bars Asheville has to offer. For $130 a night it's a terrific bargain as the rooms have a great lay out, spacious bathrooms (see user photos with the large walk in shower), Aveda bath products, coffee (pod) service, large flat screen tv, and one of the largest and most comfy beds I've seen in a hotel. The rooms just feel cool with hip colors and funky accents. The downstairs bar/restaurant is small but cozy and when we checked in on a Friday night there was a guitarist playing for the crowd.

The only downsides: the check-in process took a bit of time and the rooms facing away from downtown Asheville are loud as they face the highway. I'm not sure if the rooms facing downtown Asheville will be much better, but for the rooms facing the highway all you can really hear is the highway. The heating/cool units in the room are a bit clunky and very loud.

Otherwise for the price and amenities this is a sure bet for a weekend jaunt in Asheville.