“Best hidden gem in Asheville”
Review of Tomato Cocina Latina - CLOSED

Cuisines: Salvadoran
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Go to this place now! The food is fantastic, unique and fairly priced. It is Salvadoran and Spanish and the dishes are mouth watering good. Try the stuffed tortillas with pork and the Paella. Seriously, go here for dinner then come back for lunch. They serve a buffet every day for lunch for $7.95.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Went with friends and family. 10 of us total. We were outside looking at the menu when they invited us in and said they had a table for us ready! Everyone enjoyed it. It was something different. Would like to try so other things on their menu. Nice experience.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

It's not Mexican, it's Latina...awesome. If you have only one place to go, make it Tomato Cocina..!!

Reviewed 16 January 2011

We've been twice in their new location and have been delighted both times. Well-prepared tamales, shrimp with verde sauce, chile relleno, with excellent salsa, beans and rice (MUCH better than any 'regular' Mexican restaurant). Prices are quite reasonable, and it's a nice atmosphere, too. Definitely a good choice.

Reviewed 16 July 2010

I happily discovered this restaurant when I was planning to go to the great grocery (EarthFare) next door to get something to take back with me to my hotel room for dinner. Tomato Cucina Latina had a menu outside and I decided to give it a try. Was I ever happy that I did! I wasn't famished so I tried two items from the appetizer menu ..... fried plantains with a Salvadoran Crema and a chicken tamale. Prices were very reasonable, the service was terrific, and the ambiance very pleasant. In addition to the plantains and tamale, I had a glass of wonderful Horchata and took a piece of Tres Leches cake with me for later. My total bill was $13.00. Oh, and some wonderful complimentary chips and salsa were brought to the table immediately after I arrived. YUM to the whole experience!