“Super Cool Location, Comfy Beds!”

Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is a fun place to stay. We have stayed here several times. I like the decor of this place and the location is great for just hanging out and walking around. We are locals that have moved away so for us the tourist aspect of our visit is not the same as a true "visitor" to the area but I still think this place is quite convenient for just about any traveler who is renting a car. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and I am pretty fond of their beds, which are plush and soft. The only thing I don't like is the sharp-edged bathroom vanity that is really easy to crash your hip into in the dark because it juts out in a strange way and has pointy edges. Be warned! I can't say much about the hospitality. The front desk staff are not particularly warm and we've never seen the same face twice. The hotel is remarkably quiet considering that it was apparently full when we stayed - we didn't hear anyone and I am a light sleeper. I recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,611)

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This property is quite lovely. Brand new, it features all artwork by local artists. It is located about 10 miles from the Biltmore Estate, despite the name. It is located in a development that could be located in any city, all brand new. I find it convenient yet charmless. There is a large multiplex movie theatre and many stores and shops. About 1/2 are local, the rest are chains like REI, Orvis, and the like. I would stay there again, but if you go, be aware you are a 10 to 15 minute drive outside of Asheville.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Even if Biltmore Park is not in the centre of Asheville, the Hilton is located at a small 'main street' with some shops, restaurants, bars and a cinema.
Free parking on the street or in the car parks.

The Hilton itself is similar to other Hiltons I visited before, but offers for example complementary WiFi all over the place.
Holtel staff was very obliging, paying attention all the time and responded very fast.

I did not go for breakfast or dinner there, as there were a lot of other locatons around, but restaurant and bar looked well and were well occupied most time.

A place where I personally will stay again if I am returning to the Asheville area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I had been looking forward to staying at this hotel for several weeks. I had heard it was the best Hilton Hotel in NC. As a loyal Hilton traveler, I was excited to see if this was the case.

My stay started off a little less than optimal. When valet service is advertised I generally have certain expectations that there would be a valet on standbye to greet us at our car door, help unload our bags, and park the car. It is friendly, convenient, and helpful. When I pulled up, I was the only car out front but there was no valet in view. I did everything myself, which is fine, but not what I expected. This was a theme throughout our stay. I didn't see an actual valet until I checked out two days later.

Upon check in, I confirmed there was valet service and gave my keys to the front desk. I was also upgraded due to my Hhonors status. The room was a nice corner room with a balcony. I really liked the room. It was very comfortable, clean, and spacious. The hotel was also very quiet. Though, I know there were many other guests, the spaciousness of the rooms and the public spaces lent to a feeling of relative solitude and peace. This was unexpected and not something I had ever felt inside a hotel before. The beautiful mountain views outside might have aided in this feeling as well.

Another great part about this hotel is the pool. It is a smallish lap pool with a hot tub, but it is more than adequate for a business/leisure hotel. We used it both mornings before breakfast and were quite pleased. The only downside was that the first morning there was no clean towels, and housekeeping hadn't picked up the numerous used towels from the night before. A simple phone call to the front desk got us some more towels quickly. The workout center also looked nice, but we didn't use it.

The breakfast buffet was also pretty good. It was not spectacular, but I can't complain because it was complimentary. There were several local options that included local sausage, cheeses, and eggs. The made to order pancakes, waffles, and omelets were also scrumptious. I would highly recommend the banana nut pancakes with whip cream! They were excellent!

Checkout went fine. My car was waiting when we arrived downstairs in the lobby. We finally encountered the rumored valet. I tipped him for bringing the car up, but he didn't offer to help us load our bags. I found that odd, since that is pretty standard at all other hotels. Most valets don't even ask, they just do it. I actually regret spending the $8/day to valet park.

All in all, our stay was great. The hotel and our room was very relaxing. The amenities are great. Breakfast was good. The only down side was the sub-par valet service. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. I definitely will. I just wouldn't advise anyone to expect too much out of the advertised valet service.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are spacious and offer great views of the mountains above the shops.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank X61624
lcoop3980, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

X61624,

We truly appreciate your detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Asheville! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we will take your feedback regarding the valet service and discuss improvements! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

A friend and I spent two nights here during a recent vacation. Let me start out by saying that this hotel is the ONLY choice! Not that there aren't others around, but this is probably the nicest and newest in the best location. It's about 15 minutes from downtown, but the hotel is in a town center filled with low/moderate-prced restaurants, a movie theatre, and lots of shops. There is plenty of parking, and the area is clean and safe. The rooms are great, very nice and trendy. There is a spa and an onsite restaurant - neither of which we tried. While downtown Asheville has some hotels and little shops, I'd definitely stay at the Hilton Biltmore as my first and only choice. It can be a little expensive, however.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CarlNova

CarlNova,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Asheville! We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and the Biltmore Park area! We hope you come stay with us again soon and please try our signature restaurant, Roux, and our fabulous spa! Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I'm a Diamond with Hilton so you can trust this review.

I have stayed here 4 times in the past two years and still love it. I have reviewed this property in the past but felt I should add a second review. Upon check in I was upgraded without even asking to a huge suite. Often when I get an upgrade it's hard to tell if the room really is any different from the one I originally booked. The upgrade I received at the Hilton Asheville was wonderful. it was a large "U" shaped suite overlooking the shops below. The room was perfect as well with fridge, flat screen TV, dual pull out desk great for getting work done. I would like faster internet as we were right at 56Mbps which is pushing it for uploading business files.

I had breakfast which was a mid level buffet with Sausage, Bacon, Omelets, Grits etc. The breakfast buffet is free if you are a Diamond or Gold. The key to staying here is that there are several places to eat if you are on vacation or business. Choices included Brixx Pizza, PF Changs, Hickory Tavern, an Italian place and few others I can't recall but all are within walking distance.

Parking is free and very easy as the Hilton has it's elevator linked to the parking deck. There is a spa on site and fitness center. This Hilton does hit the top of the business budget but having stayed in Asheville for over 13 years on business this Hilton is the best choice.

Room Tip: Overlooking the plaza (shops) has a nice view or request balcony. Corner Junior suite has wonderful...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2012

After checking out early from the Grove Park Inn & Spa we were delighted when we walked through the doors of the the Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park! The receptionist was extremely friendly and was able to find a room for us even though we did not have a reservation. The Lobby is brightly lit with a clean, contemporary decor and a cheerful vibe. Self parking was easy to find although valet parking was available. Upon arrival to our our room, we found a beautifully appointed, extremely clean & fresh room. I loved the use of cream & blue colors thoughout the room. Great fridge and coffee maker. The gym was great with basic equipment - very clean & modern decor. The Roux restuarant was excellent for breakfast. Our servers on both days were very effecient and friendly which definately added to our dining experience. This Hilton is definately a great value and is situated in a wonderful family friendly location complete with a movie theater, restuarant and shops just steps away. I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family