“Quick Business Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, United States
“Quick Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great hotel in a great location, within easy walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Took a long walk in the morning around the area and it was all very clean with nice landscaping. Would definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Asheville, NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I often go to this Hilton because I feel safe and cared for here, and there is plenty to do at this location. I enjoy the friendly, kind employees and the excellent food. I especially enjoy the pool and fitness center since I am single and I can swim at my leisure The willingness to provide anything I need is always expressed, and I appreciate the sincerity of the Hotel staff. This property is relatively close to my home, and I can travel here easily. The proximity of the shops and restaurants are satisfying and convenient. I am an avid moviegoer, and I appreciate the excellent movie theater at this site. Parking is usually not a problem even with busy clientele, and I am thankful for the variety of stores and shops available. I love to read, so I look forward to spending time at the Barnes and Noble. Walking gives on access to most of the businesses, and they are very attractive. If one wishes to meet other friends for dining or entertaining, there is ample space to do so. Sometimes, I enjoy staying in my room which is attractive and well-equipped. This trip, I ordered fruit and beverages to come to my room when I arrived so I could relax when I got there. It was an pleasant touch. The breakfast buffets are the finest I have ever encountered with the chef preparing omelets or special pancakes. The wait staff is excellent, and they are always willing to provide whatever one needs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Marcy H
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Be warned: rooms with king-sized beds DO NOT have a bathtub. Bit of a disappointment for us. However, the rooms were clean, the spa was enjoyable. The views aren't terrific (you'll get a bit of mountain vista, but mostly just the tops of neighboring buildings).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am a business traveler and have stayed in hotels all across the country. This hotel is my favorite. Beautiful facilities, super staff, and Biltmore Park has everything you need: multiple choices for restaurants, a movie theater, book stores, shopping, etc. I get excited when I am assigned to Asheville just because Of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cham N
Portland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very close to airport. Ammenities are some of the best. Business conference services are very nice. Spa and bar are pleasing. Resturant offers a nice varity and the food is well prepared. I would recommend this for business or pleasure. With the family or without. Very accomodating and pleasant Staff (NOT THE USUAL YOU SEEM TO GET THESE DAYS)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Don C
Houston, Tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

You usually can't go wrong with Hilton Hotel's. However, this experience has proven even Hilton isn't always the best choice.

The staff here are friendly, and the hotel itself is beautiful. However, parking is a pain, even though it's free. You have to take three different elevators just to get to your room from the parking garage (if there is even parking there) which is awkward to say the least, especially since the parking garage is shared with all the stores in the area. There is side parking on the street, but there were never any open spots. This wasn't a huge deal, but it did make it more difficult to leave and come back to the hotel.

However, the part that made me give this hotel two stars was the noise. There was some kind of strange noise outside the night we were there. It was a loud almost tractor-like sound that went on ALL NIGHT LONG. We asked the front desk about it, and they said they would get back to us but never did. I know we couldn't have been the only ones who heard it, it was pretty loud. The windows had no insulation AT ALL. We were on one of the top floors, which means insulation was really bad since we could still hear everything outside. Also, our door was seriously RIGHT in front of the elevator. We could hear people coming up and down and yelling and talking in the hallways all night. Usually the room doors in hotels are not situated in front of elevator doors, I don't know why these were. This seems like a quickly built sub-par building with little insulation.

The noise pretty much ruined our whole time here since we were sleep deprived and couldn't enjoy our time in Asheville. They need to work on insulation of the windows and find some solution to the noise created by the elevator being so close to room doors. The water pressure was also low so it was odd taking a shower, but I know a lot of hotels are like this now.

I will say the location was good, close to Biltmore Estate (although I don't recommend seeing it, but if it's your thing). Other than that, I would not stay at this location if you want to sleep. I don't like giving bad reviews, but I wanted to let others know my experience. I expected more from a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HTownMelBell
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I decided to stay outside of downtown Asheville for a recent 2 day trip to visit Biltmore. This location was perfect and is in a very nice new shopping and dining district called Biltmore Park. The hotel is new, clean and very comfortable. The restaurant onsite, Roux is excellent and I ate the wonderful breakfast buffet both days. The food is from local products and the made to order preparation of items like banana pancakes with strawberry compote was wonderful! The entire staff at this hotel is very attentive and makes you feel like a valued guest.

I stayed in a room on the 4th floor and although my window overlooked the shopping district below it was very quiet. This hotel is pet friendly and the 2nd floor is reserved for guests with pets. The bed was very comfortable and the bath was state of the art with a wonderful shower.

The drive on the Interstate was very quick and easy to Biltmore and after my busy days exploring it coming back to the hotel and the area was relaxing. There are many open areas for dining at the restaurants and there was a local band playing one evening in an open area for all to enjoy. I can see how this area would be good for families and the hotel has a good indoor pool area as well. I was traveling by myself and felt quite safe in the hotel and the surrounding area. I went to the movie across the street one night and my commute from my seat back to my room was about a 3 minute walk!

The lobby of the hotel is nice with refreshing drinks and coffee during the day and a space to access computers/internet. There is self parking in one of the garages as well as valet parking. I chose the valet parking and the waits were short.

I highly recommend the Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park for a stay in the lovely Asheville area.

Room Tip: There are corner rooms with balconies. The 2nd floor is the pet friendly floor.