“Clean, friendly, great breakfast!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I took my Mom and daughters to the Biltmore Estate and we stayed here one night. This hotel is very nice. Clean, friendly staff and the continental breakfast had more than the usual. The breakfast room was set up very user friendly also. Pool was kind of small, but it wasn't crowded and was perfect for our needs. We would stay again if we go to the Biltmore again. It wasn't far from the Biltmore at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,013)

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Excellent and helpful staff. Very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We spent 4 nights in May 2012 making an extended weekend. Hotel Staff was welcoming and friendly. We stayed on 2nd floor between between the stairs up from the lobby (seen in some pictures) and the elevator. Noise was never an issue (that room is also above the laundery I believe). Room was clean and air unit was quiet. Breakfast was fresh and offered options of Waffles, Eggs (Scrambled or other form depending on day), Sausage patty, (Potatoes or French Bread), Cereal, Fresh fruit, etc.

People mention the Firehouse that is up the street. Only heard them go out 2 times during our stay. never was disturbed by them.

I will stay here again if we return to visit the Asheville area.

We also had power outage (1.5-2 hrs, over the surrounding neighborhood) the last morning of our stay and the Staff was very helpful handling all guest requests and questions.

Room Tip: Higher may be better to get further away from laundry and other mechanical services (compressor for...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill T
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here on our visit to Biltmore House and couldn't have been happier. The check in and check out were fast and accurate. The staff was nice and helpful. The breakfast was very good (waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage as well as all of the usual toast, muffins and cold cereal). There was always hot coffee and hot tea along with fresh baked cookies in the lobby. The room was very clean and smelled fresh as well. The bathroom was nice and large. The only complaint was the beds were a little firm for my taste but this is a very personal and subjective thing and should not be seen as a negative. Although they were firmer than what I liked they comfortable. There also seemed to be more sound deadening between the rooms than what i have found in many other hotels, or I had very quite neighbors one. The hotel is located convenient to I-40 as well as being about in the middle between the downtown art and shopping scene and historic Biltmore house.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My daughter & I stayed here for 2 nights on a recent trip to Biltmore. It was really nice. We had a king jacuzzi suite which was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good with a good selection. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. I will stay there again. Only a few minutes from Biltmore.

1  Thank Donna G
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We got to the hotel and had had a long drive getting there. Upon arriving we were welcomed at the desk by the desk clerk who obviously loved her job, a young lady who I unfortunately didn't get a name. She got us checked in and told me about the amenities at their hotel. Later after I got to my room the front desk called to make sure the room was right. Later they called and offered what the local sites and food were and that if we needed any help finding things to eat or do in Asheville to let them know. The hotel was clean and well kept. Very good location, easy to get to the sights and shopping which is why we were there. My only suggestion is to increase to two the amounts of washers and dryers for us to use. If you stay there you will be pleased. My wife and I travel a huge amount and this place ranks very high on our list of really good places to stay, you will enjoy it.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our company was having a meeting in the Asheville area and we stayed at this location. The staff and the accomodations were perfect, they went out of their way to make certain that our stay was fantastic. The rooms were clean and large, the complimentary breakfast was good with much variety over our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business