Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This hotel is one of the nicest and most comfortable road-side hotels I have stayed in. The hotel and rooms are in immaculate condition. The furniture and bedding are of good quality and tastefully done. The rooms are of reasonable size and the bathroom is well designed.

The hotel is located off the main road and noise, either from within or without, is not a problem. If every hotel was of the same quality as this one, traveling would be a lot more pleasant.

I did notice that the maid had apparently taken a couple cursory swipes with a wet cloth across the tops of the end tables. In the right light, this showed up as large streaks across each table. It's a petty complaint, but it was just so noticeable against the otherwise perfect housekeeping in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We decided on a change after a bad stay last year at another well known hotel chain. After reading reviews I decided to stay at the Country Inn and I am glad we chose it. Our room was on the 4th floor and was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The hotel is close to the interstate (but not close enough to hear the traffic) and according to GPS 5 miles from the entrance gate to Biltmore House.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice comfortable and affordable place to stay in Asheville. Our room was comfortable, the employees were very nice, service was excellent, and the breakfast was hot and wonderful. We had a great stay and found a new "our place" to stay in Asheville when visiting the Biltmore estate.

Room Tip: The elevator makes a loud noise on each floor so I would recommend staying away from the elevator.
Reviewed 21 December 2012

This is a great all around hotel. My room was comfortable and clean. The lobby was immaculate. The staff personnel were all gracious and well informed. The grounds were nicely kept and free of debris. The morning breakfast was excellent - fresh, hot and a good variety of items. It was an added bonus staying in a place that doesn't allow dogs. It keeps the hotel cleaner and a lot more quiet. It was relatively free of noisey kids which allowed the elevator to be free from floor tag. Finally, it was refreshing to see a desk staff that were genuinely concerned for the well-being of the guests. Worth more visits!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor at the end of the hallway. That will keep you away from elevator...
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We stayed in an area of Asheville that was approximately 15 minutes away from the Biltmore House. The motel was easy to get to as it was right off the interstate (about a mile). The motel was situated in an area far enough away so as not to hear any traffic from the interstate. The rooms were clean, beds soft, and the entrance to each room was from an interior hallway.I feel completely safe in setting such as these. I have never been fond of motels where the room door itself opens up to the parking lot. There were plenty of franchise places to eat and refuel in close proximity to the Country Inn. The morning breakfast served at the Inn had both hot and cold varieties of food and we enjoyed eating there. This alone saved us the expense of eating out that morning. The staff was very friendly and checking in and out was a breeze. Should we return to the Biltmore in the Spring of 2013, we will definitely use this location again.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is very disappointing to me because I have reviewed this property before (March 2012) and at that time my praise could not have been more lavish. That's why we went back! But on this, our second of only two visits, the inconsistencies were glaring. Last time we stayed on the ground floor; this time the second floor. The upstairs rooms seem a bit more shopworn; our adult daughter met us there and her bed creaked and groaned every time she turned over. I'm sorry but when the mattress and springs begins to creak and groan with only one small person aboard, it's time to replace it. When she turned over I thought I was in some fleabag place, from all the noise. Next morning? I went to take a shower and the water temperature would not rise above tepid. When I tried to adjust it, the handle came off in my hand and I could not put it back on to turn the water off. I had to leave it running while I dried off, then called my husband in to re-attach the hardware. Both his shower and my daughter's were tepid to cold, warmish maybe for a few seconds at a time, then cold again. NO HOT SHOWER FOR ANYONE IN OUR PARTY. I let my husband handle check-out and since he's the last of the nice guys and doesn't really know how to complain properly, the desk clerk gave him FIFTEEN DOLLARS OFF the price of our room. I'm sorry but in my opinion no hot shower AT ALL rates at the very least, a free return stay AS WELL AS a hefty discount off the price of the room. If I'd gone to the desk I promise you it would have turned out differently. As it is? Next time we go to Asheville we will stay somewhere else. The end.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the ground floor. Look at it before signing anything. Make sure there's hot water...
2  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Comfortable suite, reasonable price, good full breakfast, convienent to the Biltmore house and Grove Park Inn. The hotel is located near all the Asheville attractions and down town. What more can you ask for. I would recommend to my friends

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gar D
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel for our annual trip to Biltmore at Christmas. As the first time, we were not disappointed with this hotel. Great service, clean and comfortable rooms, spotless bedding and great breakfast make this a hotel we will come back to again and again.

Room Tip: As always, I recommend that you request a room that is not across from an elevator or an ice machine...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends