Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate), NC
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We went to Asheville for the weekend from Charlotte to visit Mt. Mitchell and Chimney Rock. We had a great time despite the rain! The hotel offered clean and comfortable rooms and a nice breakfast in the morning. The staff there were also very pleasant. Would defiantly recommend and stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,026)

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the rooms were very nice, very clean, and I rested well. That said, one of the main selling points for me was the pool/whirlpool. The pictures made it look very large and I was told the pool was heated to 80 degrees. We walked down for a swim last night to find a pool smaller than some puddles I've seen. We stepped in and YIKES!!! If that was 80 degrees, the air temp was 168. It was freezing. We didn't go for a swim. We would have gotten in the whirlpool but it was covered in plastic.
If you don't have kids or (in my case) a spouse who wants to swim, this is a fabulous hotel. If you do, know that the pool is a joke!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bluegrassblake
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here after going to the Sliding Rock in Pisgah Forest. The hotel was comfy and clean. They provide a nice breakfast in the morning and cookies 24 hours a day in the lobby. I had prepaid for my room via my Carlson Club program and when I arrived the rate was less. They refunded me the difference on my credit card without any problems. They were very helpful in answering questions I had regarding places to eat and on the Biltmore. We went to Zaxby's Restaurant on their suggestion and became fans. I am die hard Chick Fil A but was impressed with Zaxby's. Nice hotel. There was a small gazebo on a hill in the parking lot. I went up there and it had a nice view of the city. A great place to read or just get away!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel was very clean and the employees are helpful and resourceful. Everyone in the hotel were always happy. I would give this hotel a 10 for the price. The breakfast was great, many choices for hot to cold items, eggs, waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, biscuits, toast, great coffee, juices, yogurt, fruit and much more. I would recommend this hotel to all.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel is clean. I have bad allergies and this hotel did not make me sick. The detergent used to wash the towels and sheets is less toxic than typical of the Holiday Inn Express. Very little to no mold was in the room. The room came with a fridge and microwave, which made preparing my own meals easier. The staff is very nice.
On the other hand, the hotel is 10 to 30 minutes away from most places you would like to go. The staff have little knowledge of the area attractions and "foodie" destinations (They will tell you to go to the Dunkin Donuts for coffee with sincere enthusiasm). The wifi also didn't work well in the room and didn't like my iPhone in the lobby. The bed is very soft. This may be a problem for some people.
Do not, like us, get a room by the ice machine. Also, ask for a room on the top floor so that you will not hear children (I assume?) jumping off the bed in the room above you until 1 am.

Room Tip: Do not, like us, get a room by the ice machine. Also, ask for a room on the top floor so that you wi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The title about sums up my experience here. The room was very clean and comfortable, central AC, good beds with nice linens. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was great with lots of hot and cold choices, including eggs, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, waffles, cereals, fruit, juices, and very good coffee. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We split the drive to Nashville in half by staying 1 night in Asheville. This hotel was a great choice. The staff were very friendly and provided excellent service, our room was clean and comfortable, and I had requested that we be given a room on the 4th floor away from the elevators to avoid noise and this was fulfilled. We had a nice dinner just around the corner, had a restful stay and a good breakfast before heading on our way. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Asheville hotels
6 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), NC
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area
Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Westgate, NC
Sleep Inn West
Sleep Inn West
#16 of 66 in Asheville

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate), NC? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate), NC

Address: 1914 Old Haywood Road, Asheville, NC 28806-1132
Region: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > Asheville
#5 Romantic Hotel in Asheville
#5 Family Hotel in Asheville
#7 Business Hotel in Asheville
Price Range: £46 - £168 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate), NC 3*
Welcome to one of the newest hotels near Asheville, the Country Inn & Suites West Asheville Hotel Biltmore Estate. Our Biltmore-inspired hotel features French decor, a tranquil waterfall feature and a French gazebo overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our hotel is conveniently located near Interstates 26 and 40, just minutes from the beautiful Biltmore Estate, one of Asheville's most popular tourist attractions, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore Mall and Asheville Regional Airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate), NC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Asheville West Hotel Asheville