Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel was ideal for a weekend getaway. Great staff (thanks, McKinley!!), great rooms (excellent bed, pillows, and bathroom), and a solid breakfast. It was a great base while we visited downtown, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and hiked and ate our way around the region. The proximity to the funkier aspects of West Asheville was a revelation. If you're happy to stay 10 minutes out of downtown Asheville, this hotel is a can't-miss option.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,024)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I just wanted to throw kudos the staff of the Country Inn and Suites Asheville West. While I live in Asheville, NC, I recently hosted family from out of town for the Christmas holiday. I went online to read recent reviews, and based on what I read, I put my family up at this hotel. From the time I made the reservation until the time my family checked out, everything about the hotel was fantastic. The service was always warm and friendly, the lobby when I went to pick them up was immaculately clean with a nice and fresh aroma (I couldn't help myself but indulge in some cookies and hot coffee!), and the rooms were absolutely spotless and clean. I lost count as to how many times during their stay I heard my family compliment the hotel and talk about how great and friendly everybody was. There are a ton of hotel choices in Asheville, but when the great prices this one has to offer, combined with the exceptional staff, I know where I will be putting up friends and family in the future when they visit Asheville. A lot of times I've met customer reviews with a lot of skepticism, but I can see after the recent visit why this hotel ranks so highly on TripAdvisor. Great job, Country Inna and Suites Asheville West!! Thanks for taking such great care of my family.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We recently stayed at the Country Inn &Suites in Asheville. We loved it. The staff were awesome from check in to check out, offering lots of ideas for us while in town. There were a lot of kids at the hotel but we never heard them.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I can't say enough about how nice each of my stays here has been. The staff is very warm and welcoming and the hotel is close to the side of Asheville a lot of people don't get around to exploring.

It's a great value and is consistent in quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I always like staying at Country Inn & Suites because they are always clean, fresh & cozy feeling. The people at this location were so accommodating to our schedule (we arrived in the area early & they went ahead and gave us our room) & gave advice about some local dining when we asked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Although we live a short distance from our grandchildren, we didn't feel like driving first thing, early Christmas morning to watch them enjoy the day. We decided to try Country Inn and Suites, the West Asheville unit is closer to the kids.
What a great surprise!! Although the furnishings and carpeting are some what dated, they are not distracting and all are in excellent condition. Went to the vending area - the hallways and common areas were very clean - you know, the nooks and crannys that haven't seen a good cleaning in some time - not so in this case.
Our room was extremely clean and our bed was very comfortable and we slept all through the night.
The only employee contact we had was at check-in/checkout and in both cases the individuals were extremely pleasant and helpful!
Would highly recommend this hotel!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was the second time me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel. Both times were a great experience. The guest service desk was very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The rooms were very clean and furniture was comfortable. The breakfast was very good for a hotel. Room service kept the room clean each day when we came back from downtown. I would definitely choose this hotel again when visiting Asheville, NC.