“Excellent customer service above and beyond expectations!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
“Excellent customer service above and beyond expectations!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

You don't book a room at Country Inn and Suites expecting a 4 star luxurious stay, you book a room for a comfortable night at a great rate.

My stay at Country Inn and Suites West Asheville went far beyond my expectations. My room was clean and cozy. The staff and general manager were awesome even when met with my unusual requests such as a HDMI cord. I had gone to the front desk to request one on the off chance they had one expecting them to tell me no. The general manager said he might have one and five minutes later I was heading back to the room with an hdmi cord to use and the remote to unlock the TV.

Great service! I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stopped at this hotel recently based on the reviews while traveling for business. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were quite nice. The staff was incredibly friendly and check inn/check out was quick and convenient. The breakfast was excellent as well! The only complaint was that the bed was stiff and uncomfortable, however, it may have been different in other rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I booked the whirlpool room in an attempt to get away for the weekend for the purpose of rejuvenating after a rough year. We drove through a snow storm and arrived to find a very friendly person working behind the desk. We checked in and promptly hopped into the whirlpool. The next day, we changed rooms. Here's why: the faucet didn't work properly and either you couldn't turn off the hot water unless you knew "the trick" or it dripped all night long. While sleeping, in between the sound of "drip...plink.......drip...plink........drip...plink......", it sounded like the people above us were bowling all night long. We requested to move and were told that wouldn't be a problem. Half the day later, we were still waiting to move. After considering changing hotels or just going back home, our other room became available finally. We walked into the room to find complimentary champagne, snacks, and drinks, and we were compensated financially for the inconvenience. So, though I wasn't feeling so positive in the beginning about our stay, we were very well taken care of afterward. I guess now I am sure of what to think - this hotel is excellent with respect to customer service. Despite the temporary tension and disappointment that we felt, the daytime lady at the front desk remained awesome and helpful. When we felt worn out and tired from tragedies and other issues over the past year, it was nice to be embraced and taken care of by the staff and owner. I am hopeful the nice ladies who clean the rooms found the heart we made for them out of the bed sheets. We'll definitely return to this hotel again. My husband and I thank you.

My only lasting complaint: the walls are very thin. Even after we changed rooms, I could hear the people in the room next door watching tv and talking. I'm sure they could also hear my me and my husband. It felt weird to hear the people next door with such clarity.

Room Tip: Even if the whirlpool is fixed, you might consider another room. Because the room is at the end of t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lilithmonkey
Reviewed 28 February 2014

All of the staff were quite friendly and helpful. I was well taken care of in many ways. I would definitely stay here again!
Good experience . Thanks to all who took care of the unexpected occupants. It was managed professionally and quickly.

• Stayed February 2014
Fort Stewart, Georgia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've stayed in many hotels very impressed with this one. It is well maintained and clean inside and out. The front desk staff was the best anywhere. McKinley was the best front desk agent I've ever met. She goes out if her way to assist guests and takes pride in providing a great experience.
The breakfast buffet is excellent. The choices will satisfy all guests and you will not leave hungry. Not too mention that there is coffee available in the lobby day and night as well as complimentary cookies.
The ONLY thing i didn't like was that the hot water in the bathroom sink is extremely hot and should be corrected before someone gets a serious burn. Especially a child.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed here and it was fairly nice. Tub was dirty when we went in and had to be rinsed out. Vaccuming had not been done well. I dropped something beside chair in room and the dust on the floor reflected not being dusted in weeks or months. The bed had a mattress that felt like sleeping on the floor it was so hard. Room other wise was nice. Breakfast was nicely set up and the food wqas fine

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I were able to get away at the last minute for a short anniversary trip and as such I called the Country Inn and Suites Asheville West in the hopes that I could get a same day romantic room reservation.

To my great pleasure my call was answered by a completely delightful woman named Michelle. I can't say I had ever had what I would describe as a great phone call with a hotel clerk before this one, but I can say so now. Michelle was fun, bubbly, and very quick to go out of her way to ensure my wife and I had the best, most romantic room possible, and she did so at a price much lower than I was expecting to pay. Michelle was an awesome representative for her company, and I can't describe the length she went towards setting the tone for our trip to Asheville.

That's just the start though. When we arrived we were met at the desk by a young woman named Kara. Kara was equally wonderful to deal with and was very eager to make sure we had everything we needed for a great stay (including arranging an extra night for us). When we got to our first floor whirlpool suite (did I mention that Michelle hooked us up with a whirlpool suite?) we walked in, took a glance around the room and immediately fixed on a box and card waiting for us on the ledge of the whirlpool. It was a bottle of champagne and two glass flutes, and the card was addressed to us wishing us a happy anniversary.

HOW COOL IS THAT!?!

When I went back out to thank Kara for the champagne, she squealed with delight and said she almost ruined the surprise. I couldn't believe the gift, but I was equally happy to see a front desk clerk that genuinely seemed excited for her guests. Kara, you are one cool lady.

So, the next day we arrived back to the hotel late after an exhausting day about Asheville. I stopped at the little snack area in the lobby and the desk clerk, a friendly young woman named McKinsey struck up a conversation with me. Again, I've never spent more than a few minutes talking with a clerk previously, but before I knew it I had spent 20-30 minutes just chatting with her about this and that. Seriously a very cool person, and someone that this hotel is lucky to have on staff.

So, basically this was a fantastic trip all in all, and Country Inn and Suites Asheville West laid the groundwork for it. I very much look forward to staying at this hotel again as it has contributed to making Asheville a go to place for 'get out of town' weekends for my wife and I. I'd love to thank Michelle, Kara and McKinsey for their part in making those two days great memories for us. Thank you!

Room Tip: First floor whirlpool suite was great. If you are easily awoken ask for a room on a higher floor, as...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple