Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Dallas
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was a low-key, friendly, and nice hotel to stay at for a weekend get away in Asheville. The room was recently renovated, good size, good linens, plenty of pillows, and free wifi. My only dislike of the room was that the bed was too soft for me. The hotel offered a nice, hot, and free breakfast. A cool thing about the breakfast is that they had a waffle maker, which was a nice touch. Although it is not "right in" downtown, its close enough that you can get there in about 5 minutes by car. I would definitely stay here again on another visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Having had a good experience at another Country Inn and Suites, my husband and I decided to stay at the one in West Asheville. Kara, the desk clerk, took very good care of us when we checked in, and was concerned that the computer was so slow...not a problem for us. As per our request, they put us in a suite away from the usual hotel/motel noise, ie, the elevator, vending machine and entrances/exits. We found the room and bathroom to be spotless, The two closets and chests provided plenty of space for clothes.. We were attending a three day educational conference, and had to leave the facility early each morning . To our delight, the full breakfast was ready. Even the pickiest eater would find plenty to eat. The delicious do it yourself waffles, filled the dining room with a wonderful aroma.
After a long day of brain drain, it was so nice to come back to soak in the tub and climb into a very comfortable king bed fluffed with large pillows. Our housekeeper ( H R ) left much appreciated nice notes each day we were there.The only downside, which did not pose a real problem for us, was hearing the guests in the next room.
In this frenetic day and age, it is nice to know there are individuals eager to make sure
you are comfortable, and that you get a good value for your hard earned money. .

Room Tip: We travel a lot, and have learned to request a room away from an entrance/exit, the vending machine...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank worldavaitor2
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This inn is well placed; ten minutes from the Biltmore Estate and 15 minutes from downtown Asheville. The rates are very reasonable for the service one receives. I certainly did not expect china, glass, and real tableware at these prices.

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 7 March 2014

You don't book a room at Country Inn and Suites expecting a 4 star luxurious stay, you book a room for a comfortable night at a great rate.

My stay at Country Inn and Suites West Asheville went far beyond my expectations. My room was clean and cozy. The staff and general manager were awesome even when met with my unusual requests such as a HDMI cord. I had gone to the front desk to request one on the off chance they had one expecting them to tell me no. The general manager said he might have one and five minutes later I was heading back to the room with an hdmi cord to use and the remote to unlock the TV.

Great service! I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stopped at this hotel recently based on the reviews while traveling for business. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were quite nice. The staff was incredibly friendly and check inn/check out was quick and convenient. The breakfast was excellent as well! The only complaint was that the bed was stiff and uncomfortable, however, it may have been different in other rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I booked the whirlpool room in an attempt to get away for the weekend for the purpose of rejuvenating after a rough year. We drove through a snow storm and arrived to find a very friendly person working behind the desk. We checked in and promptly hopped into the whirlpool. The next day, we changed rooms. Here's why: the faucet didn't work properly and either you couldn't turn off the hot water unless you knew "the trick" or it dripped all night long. While sleeping, in between the sound of "drip...plink.......drip...plink........drip...plink......", it sounded like the people above us were bowling all night long. We requested to move and were told that wouldn't be a problem. Half the day later, we were still waiting to move. After considering changing hotels or just going back home, our other room became available finally. We walked into the room to find complimentary champagne, snacks, and drinks, and we were compensated financially for the inconvenience. So, though I wasn't feeling so positive in the beginning about our stay, we were very well taken care of afterward. I guess now I am sure of what to think - this hotel is excellent with respect to customer service. Despite the temporary tension and disappointment that we felt, the daytime lady at the front desk remained awesome and helpful. When we felt worn out and tired from tragedies and other issues over the past year, it was nice to be embraced and taken care of by the staff and owner. I am hopeful the nice ladies who clean the rooms found the heart we made for them out of the bed sheets. We'll definitely return to this hotel again. My husband and I thank you.

My only lasting complaint: the walls are very thin. Even after we changed rooms, I could hear the people in the room next door watching tv and talking. I'm sure they could also hear my me and my husband. It felt weird to hear the people next door with such clarity.

Room Tip: Even if the whirlpool is fixed, you might consider another room. Because the room is at the end of t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lilithmonkey
Reviewed 28 February 2014

All of the staff were quite friendly and helpful. I was well taken care of in many ways. I would definitely stay here again!
Good experience . Thanks to all who took care of the unexpected occupants. It was managed professionally and quickly.

• Stayed February 2014