Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Horn Lake, Mississippi
“Very pleased!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked our stay at this inn through Travelocity and were not disappointed. For years we have been Hampton Inn customers, but because the price at this Country Inns and Suites was so reasonable compared to Hamptons in the same area, we decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with every aspect: location (near the interstate), outside appearance (groundskeeper even politely asked me to back up my car just a little so as not to crowd the shrub he had just planted in the parking medians), inside appearance (like walking into someone's very nice, upscale living room!), breakfast area, and our room (number 219). But the best part of all was the excellent front desk staff that greeted us when we registered. McKinley was awesome, even calling up to our room within 30 minutes of our getting settled to make sure everything was satisfactory. She could give lessons to the staff of other hotels/motels we have stayed in! And the other desk clerk (I wish I could remember her name---young with long black hair and bangs) went out of her way to print a map of surrounding restaurants, giving recommendations and helpful directions. Not only do I heartily recommend this Country Inns and Suites as an excellent place for others to stay, I definitely intend to return in the future myself. Thank you, Country Inns and Suites and McKinley for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Our room #219 was near the elevator, which was really nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
GETTYSBURG
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I booked this hotel for a 2-day trip to Asheville, NC. I read all the Tripadvisor renews and decided that this was perfect for us. The hotel is adorable and tucked away from the busy highway. Our room was very clean, updated and attractive. The breakfast was abundant. The front desk clerks and Manager were congenial and accommodating. When in town, I will definitely stay at this location again and again.

Room Tip: The beds were so comfortable, we ended up going to bed early because they were so comfortable.
1 Thank LAKOR
Hull, Iowa
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The management at this location runs a tight ship. I was most impressed at how the staff kept the breakfast bar clean and supplied. Country Inns are known for the hot breakfast bar, and this one does it well. There were 3 staff people working wide open to keep things clean and supplied. This place deserves a high 5 stars.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TerryHull_Iowa
Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My grand daughter recommended this hotel since it was centrally located for what we had to do in Asheville. My husband and I were familiar with Country Inns since we had stayed at other locations. Jessica was on the front desk when we checked in and was more than pleasant. We had reserved three rooms and two of them were ready for us when we arrived at 1:30 PM. which was great since the occupants of two rooms were there. When my son arrived an hour later, his room was ready. I requested to have all our rooms on the same floor. Even better two were next to each other and the other directly across the hall. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. We had great experiences at the front desk, all our questions were answered, directions given and maps printed. The head housekeeper was very pleasant and took time to have a quick conversation. We stayed here for 4 days and have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: We had middle of the building on the 4th floor. The only thing I could complain about was the doors...
Kentucky
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Country Inn & Suites has the friendliest front desk staff, and for this particular reason, I wanted to write a review. We arrived about 11:00am, but they didn't even bat an eye, and offered us our room and keys. My husband planned to stay and watch the World Cup while my granddaughter and I visited the Biltmore (about 7 minutes away). The staff recommended going to either AAA or the Asheville Visitor's Center for reduced Biltmore tickets (which we did).

The room was clean and well maintained, and the bathroom well stocked. The 2 queen beds were firm. We were in room 222, which overlooked the front, and didn't hear anyone at all. Breakfast the next morning included sausage, eggs, and bisquits & gravy, waffles, cereals, breads and pastries, fruit and yogurt. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room #222 was very quiet
nashville
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 days. On the second day, our beds were not made properly. Our shampoo and conditioner were not restocked. No new plastic cops. The bath mat that I put down in the bath tub on the first day was still there on the second day, leaving me to believe the bath tub was not cleaned. The clerk at the front desk who checked me in did not explain how to connect to the hotels WIFI, the other clerk who was registering a couple in their 30's took the time to explain how to connect to the hotels WIFI. I think this should be explained to every guest who checks in. I'm in my late 60's so don't assume I don't know how or I don't want to connect to WIFI.
The one positive is that the clerk did give us a room away from the elevator and the ice machine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
bichonandon
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Reserved a room based on TA reviews, and was not disappointed.

Our rooms were 424 (street facing) and 425 (faces parking lot), top floor. 425 is right across from the door to the stairway, which nobody seems to use, and the ice/vending machines share a wall. The hotel was at capacity the night we stayed, but thankfully only one party used the machines. If you think the noise will bother you, do not get 425. I would have switched, but the friendly desk agent told us they were the only two rooms left near each other.

All in all a comfortable stay in the room.

Breakfast was a zoo, in part because the hotel was sold out so we expected it. Still, we were able to get some yogurt, granola, fruit, and muffins. There is free tea and coffee, which I drank liberally before we hit the Biltmore for the day.

Room Tip: 425 shares a wall with vending and is directly across from the door to the stairs, BUT it faces the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple