“I love Posana. We go there frequently” 5 of 5 bubbles

Posana
Ranked #20 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
asheville, nc
“I love Posana. We go there frequently”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have never had a meal I didn't like. Yesterday my partner had his usual burger and a chocolate martini. The bartender has changed and he didn't like the martini as well as usual. However, I had local trout with the best side dish of quinoa I have ever eaten! The fish was tender and well seasoned and the quinoa had a variety of vegetables and almonds that was extraordinary. The people at the next table had pancakes and were startled when the waiter (what a cutey) told them it was gluten free. Although they make their food interesting and unusual, it is consistently good. My partner prefers something more ordinary and he can have that, too.

• Visited November 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I love the review that dubbed this place "where gluten free is normal" Indeed. I felt confident enough hearing about this place from reviews, friends, and family, that I didn't even worry a sec about bringing along another couple who isn't gluten-free, because it doesn't matter at Posana. The focus is on healthy, sustainable food. You'd never otherwise know it's gluten-free. No more shifting uncomfortably in my seat waiting on a "special" menu. The lobster mac and cheese lived up to its reputation, and the scallops were divine. We opted for dessert at the Chocolate Lounge. Two thumbs way up!

Asheville, North Carolina
“Healthy and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

WOW! We had a great meal at this restaurant which is completely gluten free. They serve mostly locally grown food. The Butternut squash risotto with Looking glass goat cheese and local apples was divine! My daughter loves the fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese. I had the Three Graces Brie with baby lettuce and roasted beets for a salad and my wife and daughter had the Kale salad. Both were delicious. My entree was the Braised Hickory Nut Gap pork Shoulder, my wife had the seared Sunburst farm trout and daughter had the pan roasted duck breast. All were cooked just right! Wait staff was knowledgeable and very good at their job. The waitress didn't mind finding out if on some dishes they used tapioca, which my daughter cannot eat. We will go back!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Franklin, Tennessee
“Great vegan options!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Posana Cafe is an Asheville must-stop for foodies! This was our second visit (the first during a trip a year ago). We absolutely loved the new interior decor and were glad to see vegan options on the menu. Brunch was excellent and a great value; staff very helpful and courteous. We will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2013
Knoxville, TN
“Superb dining in Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I dined here for the first time recently. Wow! The food was just wonderful! The staff was engaged and welcoming, the menu is based around fresh food and the cocktails and wine list are quite nice! We had salads, cocktails, main courses (scallops and tofu dishes), and dessert, plus wine. All of it was wonderful -- great temperature and presentation on the food, interesting tastes, fresh ingredients! It's a bit noisy when busy, so be prepared, but that's a minor issue. Highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 bubbles