“Good meeting place”
Review of Olive or Twist - CLOSED

Olive or Twist
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Woodfin
Description: (formerly Decades Restaurant)
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I took a group of conference attendees to this restaurant on a weekday night. The restaurant wasn't crowded. We had several appetizers. I had a salad and ribeye. Both were delicious. My group enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This was recommended by someone at the desk at the Renaissance Hotel for lunch. We entered sometime after 1 on a Saturday. No one was there to greet us and there were no other customers in the place. Finally the bartender came and told us to sit anywhere. He was also our waiter. I just has French onion soup and salad, was pretty good but nothing extraordinary, husband had Philly & cheese which he said was also pretty good. Our waiter was good, no complaints. Later a group of 4 came in and were seated, while he was waiting on them, another 3 people came in but since no one was there to seat them they left. This actually could be a very nice place but I'm afraid that with the lack of lunchtime personnel, this place will soon go under or maybe should only open in the evening.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Nobody even greeted us for over 5 minutes (sign says "Please wait to be seated"; time was about 7:45 PM)). A waitress finally told us to seat ourselves, or visit the wine tasting. The wine server had "nothing left", so we seated ourselves in a nearly empty section, so that we would be noticed. After a total wait of more than 15 minutes of being ignored, we left!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had an extremely large party 30 people the service was fantastic and the trout was to die for , matter of fact planning on driving 70 miles back just for dinner!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I arrived in downtown Asheville on a Sunday evening in mid-October. It was raining and we found this restaurant quickly and didn't want to spend time looking around for some place more elegant or romantic. This is large and spacious with at least four TVs displaying football games. But, we had a good experience. We were there before the young crowd arrived.

There was only one server handling all the tables and the bar. But, he was superb. He never seemed rushed and remained friendly and efficient and was even one step ahead of all our individual needs.

I had Mahi-Mahi and my wife had Crab Cakes. Both were served with a unique slightly sweet but delicious sauce. At some point my wife realized she hadn't ordered any vegetables as one of her sides, but our amazing waiter said no problem and arrived with an impressive bowl of some of the best broccoli and zucchini ever (as an extra - but no extra charge). My Mahi was absolutely scrumptious. Just the way a light white seafood should be - flakey, moist and delicious. My wife's Crab Cakes were nicely seasoned and tasty, but not not packed with big chunks of crab. We finished with Coffee, but I wish the Coffee had been a bit more recently brewed. But, no problem - the rain had abated so we walked down the street and found the Old Europe which had rich fresh Sumatran coffee which we had with a piece of Key Lime pie. Over all the evening turned out to be a nice experience.

1  Thank Joseph Z