“What a way to spend our anniversary”

Ghost Hunters of Asheville
Ranked #30 of 64 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Three separate 90-minute ghost tours cover different aspects of historical, haunted Asheville. The exclusive interactive downtown tour features use of ghost-hunting equipment. Historical Montford’s architectural beauty and stunning landscapes serve as backdrop for hunting ghostly specters. Riverside Cemetery beckons to those who dare enter and commingle with the ghosts of eras past.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Me and my wife really enjoyed our Ghost hunt w/ Deb Maddox. She is thorough, equipped and very engaging. Hunting ghosts is something we (as African-American people) do NOT do; nevertheless, Deb made the experience worthwhile and my wife and I now have one more memory to add to our album.

The saddest part of the event was hearing about its history and so many people, during extremely difficult times, taking their own lives when they felt so helpless and alone. I have learned that in the absolute worst case scenarios, life is still worth the living.

Peace...

2  Thank mrob45
ghostlady2, Owner at Ghost Hunters of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

We didn't know it was your anniversary! It was a privilege -- and a whole lot of fun -- spending it with you. Congrats!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We went on the Montford ghost tour this past weekend and it was wonderful. The tour guide answered questions, orbs and mists were caught in pictures and lots of history was learned about that area. I really enjoyed it, the guide brings pictures from past gusts and historical photos to show during the tour. I highly recommend this tour-it's great.

1  Thank allison b
ghostlady2, Owner at Ghost Hunters of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

You were a great guest, Allison. I've also appreciated your contributions on our facebook page. Glad you've joined us. We'll keep trying to inform and educate with great photos along the way.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

As an Asheville native, I had seen these tours walking around for a while now. Go glad I got to finally participate and learn a great deal about my hometown! The guide was knowledgeable about the homes along Montford Ave and down Zillicoa and who knew that such a small area could have so much spooky history!!! Great tour and can't wait to try the downtown tour!! I highly recommend!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We did the Montford tour and had a great time. Deb was very informative in the history of Montford and it's former residents. She also had visual props to go along with the stories and facts that we were told during the tour. I was delighted to go on this adventure and definitely look forward to doing it again. I can't wait to do the downtown tour and especially the graveyard tour. Thanks Deb and Michelle for a chilling time on a very warm night. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I are Asheville natives, however we had not been on a ghost tour before. Our friend, Michelle is a psychic that works with Deb quite frequently and she invited us to come and join them for a "Downtown Asheville" walking ghost tour. What an awesome experience for our first time. Not only did we get to use ghost hunting tools, yes, just like you see on tv but we where educated on many events that occured in our hometown that we never even knew. We took many, many pictures that were proof that we do "live among the dead". It was an extremely fun night and we can not wait to go on the Montford tour!!

2  Thank Stephanie S