“Luxurious Mountain Escape”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
King size, Sleep Number, music bed in the Laurel Cottage
King size, Sleep Number, music bed in the Rosewood Cottage
Snack basket with desert
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tecumseh, Canada
“Luxurious Mountain Escape”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at the Rosewood, a quaint cottage owned by Tracie and Marshall Manche. This was the cleanest place I have ever stayed! Every attention to detail was considered, from snacks upon arrival to holiday brochures and books to help plan your stay. Since we arrived late on a Sunday night, I was happy I didn't have to run out to the grocery store for juice and coffee after a long drive. Plenty of towels were provided, including beach towels and luxury robes. I especially loved that maps and brochures for area attractions along with guide books were provided. The location was quiet and close to area stores, restaurants, and attractions. White water rafting and zip line only 1/2 hour away and downtown Asheville less than 10 minutes by expressway. Access to the Blue Ridge Parkway right down the road and Chimney Rock and Lake Lure only 1/2 hour away.

When we had a problem with the bedroom tv, Marshall came out in under a 1/2 hour to get it going-now that's service! I loved and appreciated the fact that Tracie called us at home after our stay to talk-great customer service even after you are home!!!! I told her the only draw back was the bed was a bit too high off the floor as I had difficulty getting in, but Tracie shared with me that they used to keep a step stool in the room and that they will put it back for other guests. Also, I shared with Tracie that a comfy side chair in the living room would be a welcome addition. When they say call if you need something-call-they mean it!!! I would definitely return for another stay and would recommend this cottage to anyone. I hope they expand their business to other areas.
Side note-Biltmore was too expensive and definitely not worth it. Also, the Grayline ghost tour very disappointing and tour information is duplicated from their city trolley tours. White water rafting with French Broad was great!

Liked best: Customer Service
Liked least: no comfy arm chair
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
TN
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Bill M
Chocowinity, North Carolina
“Great Place”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

This turned into the perfect place to stay. Our own cabin in the woods not too far away from Asheville and other sites. We will be staying here again when ever we travel to the Asheville area. Why would you go anywhere else. A cabin with a full kitchen, good bathroom and TV room and a wonderful king size bed.

Liked best: Oversize size & cleanliness
Liked least: road to the cabin
jahzeel74
florida
“cozy and comfy cabin”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I and my parents went to Asheville and stayed at Asheville Cottages (based on Trip advisor reviews) for 4 nights. It was our first time to stay at rental cabins and we didn't regret doing this at all. I wanted the peace and quietness of the woods/mountains without being too far from civilization considering my parents would be concerned about security if we were too far up the mountains. Asheville Cottages is conveniently located about 15 minutes from downtown Asheville. It is just a 5 minute drive to the highway with the grocery, restaurants, gas stations, a K mart, etc...all within easy reach. We stayed at the Maple cottage. It had one bedroom (special sleep number bed) and a pull out sofa bed (not too comfy mattress considering it was a lazy boy), a small breakfast table and a complete kitchen. All the amenities looked brand new, spotlessly clean and neat. I loved the gas fireplace and the hot tub the most! At the end of a long day of walking around, the hot tub would be a nice treat. I also liked that the bathroom floor tiles were heated and that there was a towel warmer. The welcome goodies (coffee, tea, hot choco, muffins, juice, soda) also added to the graciousness of our hosts. Even if we didnt see them in person, I had the chance to speak with both of them because we had a small problem with the bathroom drain. When we got home that night, it was fixed right away and we had a little note and candy bars too boot! They were amazing and thought of every single detail to make our stay comfortable.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: hot tub, fireplace, towel warmers, heated bathroom tiles
Liked least: washing machine, pull out sofa bed
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Lori L
State College, Pennsylvania
“Perfect”
Reviewed 20 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the Laurel Cabin and it was perfect. Very very clean. The bed was very comfortable. Sheets were perfect. Easy to find location and located well for hiking and visiting downtown Asheville as well as the Biltmore. Owners were easy to contact and very very friendly. Hot tub was clean and easy to use. Instructions for all appliances and tech features were easy to find and follow. Snacks and coffee were plentifull. Kitchen was well stocked with really good equipment. I don't think I could ask for more.

Liked best: Hot tub
Families with young children
Thomas W
Torrington, Connecticut
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent”
Reviewed 26 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Asheville Cottages (the Willow) last week. The cottages are in an ideal spot for accessing the sights around Asheville; only about 10 minutes from the center of town. The location is very tranquil and thus seems remote (you have the feeling of being way out in the country) but you are only a couple of minutes from restaurants, a grocery store and other shops. The cottage itself was really perfect. Great size and with virtually every amenity you could want - a full (and fully stocked) kitchen, laundry, hot tub, cable tv, wireless internet. There was even a "Sleep Number" bed! They included some complimentary coffee, tea, juices, oatmeal, etc. for breakfast. I can't think of anything that was forgotten in terms of making the stay there carefree. Just as a point of information (this is NOT a complaint), the cottages seem to be geared toward couples; they are mostly one bedroom with a king size bed. There is a pull out couch in the living area, but using it (for anyone other than a couple of children) would be a bit awkward. I cannot recommend this spot highly enough. If I ever have the opportunity to visit Asheville again, this will be my first choice.

Friends getaway
272Lisa33...
Burlington, North Carolina
“Lovely, clean cottage”
Reviewed 13 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

I am very picky when it comes to staying in a vacation rental and Asheville Cottages exceeded my expectations. Very clean cottage and the added touches by the Manche's such as providing snacks and drinks to hold you over until you get to the grocery store were much appreciated. The owners go the extra mile to make your vacation stay a great one!

Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing