Sweet Peas Hostel
US$143
US$133
Hampton.com
US$245
Sleep Inn West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$76
SleepInn
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$152
US$406
Princess Anne Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$123
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$379
US$355
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfree earplugsquiet hourslight sleepershower areabunk roomoffer ear plugsspacious kitchenprivacy curtainsnight owllaundry roomkey cardfantastic locationparking garagelate at nightheart of downtownbrewerysinks
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed for 3 days at Sweet Pea....I had a private room. The noise did not bother me at all. Place was clean and felt safe. Great location to downtown Asheville....a block away! Bring along a pair of sweats or something to walk to the shower area in and flip flops....refrigerator in kitchen was very loaded up with food....perhaps a bigger frig as many people cook their own meals there....

Enjoyed my stay and would stay again....nothing bad to say.

Room Tip: go for a private room if you can....just the way I do it when I hostel...
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Yes, this hostel is wonderfully located. Yes, this hostel is clean and tidy but the floor plan is piss poor. First off, the bathroom and showers are located directly beside the reception area. This makes it feel as if there is no privacy while using the toilet or showering. Secondly, the kitchen is located right next to the "private pods" providing a loud congregation area well into the night (12am quiet time). I came there for one night prior to a mountain race at 6:30 the next morning. I needed to get to bed early but even with the complimentary ear plugs in place the bass from the bar below kicked out until midnight or later. When I woke up the next morning I was chided for turning on a small kitchen light so that I could gather my belongings and get a bowl of oatmeal. Remember, the kitchen is literally right next to the bunks without any barrier. It was a pretty bad experience and unless I can get a private room next time I won't be returning. Also, I learned the staff is paid. That explains why they aren't the bohemian free spirit types working for room and board that I'm used to meeting at other hostels.

Room Tip: Stay in the private room.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I just loved Sweet Peas, and I think it rates as the most beautiful hostel I've stayed in at the US. It looks even nicer than the photos on their website. It's an open plan loft, wood floors, raw brick walls, with quality, comfy furniture, great cooking facilities, laundry, multiple shower units with good water pressure and heat, friendly and helpful staff and a safe and comfortable environment.

It's wholly appropriate too in green, progressive Asheville to see they have a composting pot, recycling, and filtered water.

A word of warning however. The loft is above a bar and weekends can be quite noisy through the floor, so if you are a light sleeper and (the provided) ear plugs don't work for you, this might not be the most restful place you could find. You also need to respect that the open plan layout allows sound to travel across all the bunks, so being a tad drunk and noisy after midnight is not going to be welcome. I've both cursed offenders, and then been one, so I can't really complain.

The pods are a nice addition if you're finding old fashioned bunks a little too public. The pod allows you to cosy down with a private power supply, a curtain and a few shelves to make a tiny home. Welcome if you're in the mood for privacy.

Also, the staff are forever cleaning and keeping the loft and the kitchen and bathrooms in a spotless, gleaming condition. It really is like the dream flat I've always wanted, but tidier than anything I would likely live in!

Overall I think Sweet Peas can only complement your Asheville experience. It's incredibly central, bang in downtown and the staff are passionate about Asheville, the music, the lifestyle and the beautiful mountain setting with it's ample hiking opportunities.

Room Tip: Pods might give you more privacy.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Owner was friendly enough until a phone went missing. Accusers allowed to approach me while I was in bed (a semi-private pod), then he followed up with 2 more visits, WHILE I WAS IN THE BED, and had me open my locker which contained my undergarments. Phone was found, with no apology from the owner or guarantee that I would be made to feel safe. This not only was aggravating, but embarrassing. A more thorough search and a little patience and time for the phone to be found would have one a long way in this situation.

3  Thank Gypsy614
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The people working and staying at the hostel were so lovely, it was a very "homey" feeling right off the bat! You really had your own personal space with shelves and a curtain barrier (this was perfect as I was feeling a bit ill.) Others socialized by playing board games and watching TV, the kitchen was really lovely and coffee and tea were provided. Location was right in the middle of downtown so there was plenty to do just walking around. My only complaint was the really low bass that vibrated through my pillow the entire night from the club downstairs. Even earplugs couldn't block it out, since the vibration still shook my bed. Otherwise though, really a lovely place! Maybe this isn't an every night thing, but if you're a light sleeper, I would consider it. Also I heard others complaining of the same thing the next morning.

Room Tip: Perhaps a top bunk would have been quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo