“Great steak and great service.”

Chophouse at 4 points Sheraton
Reserve with OpenTable
Chophouse at 4 points Sheraton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #556 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great steak and great service.”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary by going to Grove Park Inn. With all the in house resturants closed on Monday night, we recieved a recommendation from the GPI staff to try the Chop House. I must add, it was an outstanding choice. Our waiter was attentive, the fireplace was warm and cozy and the steaks were great. My wife had the Filet Mignon and I had the Bison Ribeye(I highly recommend), cooked medium/rare and they were cooked to perfection. We shared a side of Au Gratin potatoes and pretzel bread. Everything was prepared to our likeing and it was a very enjoyable meal. We also received a complementary slice of cheesecake to share from the Chef for our Anniversary. The cheese cake was actually seared on the grill, giving it a delightfull outer crust. I highly recommend the Resturant and will certainly return if ever back in Asheville.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank RonB27614

Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the hour drive”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

As a hobby I go to restaurant trying their cuisine only to write q review. So I was told by a co-worker of a place in Asheville NC. So one night I drove the hour north to try it out. The Chop House downtown Asheville. Not any association to the chain. Enter the restaurant I was greeted by every one that passed me. I chose to sit in the lounge area. The place has a great atmosphere, The dining area has a fireplace that sets a calming romantic mood to it. The two are separated only by a built in shelving type petition but still enough o separate the two. As I was seated by the hostess I was quickly greeted by a very friendly bartender who took my drink order and he too was so friendly. He returned quickly with my drink and took my appetizer order. I asked what was the best appetizer he thought they had and I ordered it. The Ahi tuna come out and I am not kidding it was almost too pretty to eat but I managed. 6 chip type wonton things that had an asian slaw topped with the perfectly cooked Ahi tuna on it and topped with 2 of the most delicious sauces. All circling a burst of color mango salsa. I wanted to pick that plate up and lick it clean. BEST APPITZER I HAVE EVER HAD! When I got down to the last piece Jimm returned with the grilled Caesar salad and the Bison Ribeye I ordered wanting them both at the same time. Oh and the Bread… let me not forget THE BREAD. Their table bread is nothing I have ever had before. It is a pretzel type bread that is coated in a pesto type glaze and served with this salty butter OMG I could eat 2 loaves myself. The presentation on everything is that of a 5 star restaurant. The Grilled Caesar is the very best Caesar I have ever had. Their dressings are all in house made. Ok now to the meat of the subject. I normally like my steak cooked Medium but I was told that it is much better done at a medium rare do to the fact that it is so lean, and the more its cooked it looses more of its flavor. Let me tell you they were right medium rare is the only way to go with this meat. With the combo of the great meat and the fact that they cook all their meat on a wood fire grill this was a win win situation for me. Half way through I was greeted by a very happy and friendly face of their executive Chef. I could not tell her how happy I was with all my findings. She was kind enough to share her bar menu with me as well. I asked her after looking at it how does anyone choose from that menu? They have these over the top burgers and sandwiches oh and not to mention their “Signature Steak Salad” I saw one OMG that thing was big enough for 2 or 3 people. And that sucker has Fries on it YES Hot tasty fries and their house Sweet & Sour dressing that I saw the guy who ordered it ask for more. I was so happy with my meal I wanted to just go to the hotel adjacent to it and rent a room and go to sleep but then I was brought the dessert menu… REALLY how does one choose from that. Everything is in house made I could not choose so I ordered 2. YES 2 I got the holiday special that was a Butter Mint cake. It taste just like the great after dinner butter mints you get a 5 star restaurants only better. I also got their OMG Chocolate cake. I was warned it is for serious chocolate lovers only. The cake was so rick and moist it was black. It was 3 or 4 layers and between each layer was dark chocolate ganache and chocolate mousse and crushed Oreo cookies. All topped with Mousse and ganache. NEVER before have I had 2 of the moistest cakes ever. I will go back over and over it was so worth the hour drive. One of my greatest finds so far.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank SCTechie
Reidsville, North Carolina
“Wonderful Service! Excellent Food”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Service was wonderful at the Chop House restaurant, I ordered lamb from the menu, when my food was brought out, the waiter notice that I did not have enough lamb on my plate so he went back to the kitchen and had them cook me another rack of lamb and no extra charge. The food was excellent for the price and the waiter did an excellent job. I would highly recommend this place to anyone for a nice dinner or special occasion.

Visited January 2014
Asheville, NC
“Worst Meal In Asheville”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

All thing considered one of the worst dining experiences in Asheville. The dining room is huge and we were the only table at 6:30 on a Sat night. We should have turned around!

Our server started by telling us she had only been there a week and it showed throughout the night.

The cuts of meat were totally average and the sides are a joke. A baked potato smothered in sour cream and cheese?! How original.

The worst part of all was the bill....STUNNING would be kind. NY Strip is $24 or $31 and then you hand over $6-8 for a potato, fries, or mushrooms?!

I have no idea how this places stays in business. It must be it's affiliation w/ the hotel.

Stay away. Trust me.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank RichieTennenbaum
Asheville, North Carolina
“At these prices it should be New York”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

There were maybe 6 groups in this huge room, which should have been a clue. They serve mostly grilled steaks and you have choices of toppings like hollandaise. The usual salad, potato, rolls. The food was good but really expensive. I've had way better meals in Asheville at way lower prices. It's a hotel restaurant and lives up to that reputation (overpriced and average)

Visited October 2013