“Save your money and your palette!”

Chophouse at 4 points Sheraton
Ranked #571 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I will start by saying we should have went out the door when we noticed the sanitation was 91.5 and got two different stories regarding the reason. Slow service (restaurant was essentially empty), food tasted acrid, burnt charcoal. The lamb was hard to cut and chewy, the sides were brought out family style in small dishes for 3 ppl. Sautéed mushrooms were cold and blackened on one side, same acrid flavor as the meats, couldn't taste anything after trying them. Sent them back and they simply heated the same dish. We returned to our hotel and ordered pizza from Asheville pizza and brewery, it was delicious!
We have dined at The Chop House in Wrightsville Beach for years and this place doesn't compare, the experience will never be forgotten. Yuck!!!

3  Thank Chelle2269

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Two steaks chewy and fatty - Place was almost empty dark not very inviting . Cost $71.00 (four two) without the tip.

3  Thank PhotoCorp
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I concluded our day here. It wasn't that busy which I liked. We had great service from Kenny. The food was fabulous, and they have very nice wines on tap. Yup, I said wine on tap. I would definitely go back to this place.

2  Thank Loonyteach
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary by going to Grove Park Inn. With all the in house resturants closed on Monday night, we recieved a recommendation from the GPI staff to try the Chop House. I must add, it was an outstanding choice. Our waiter was attentive, the fireplace was warm and cozy and the steaks were great. My wife had the Filet Mignon and I had the Bison Ribeye(I highly recommend), cooked medium/rare and they were cooked to perfection. We shared a side of Au Gratin potatoes and pretzel bread. Everything was prepared to our likeing and it was a very enjoyable meal. We also received a complementary slice of cheesecake to share from the Chef for our Anniversary. The cheese cake was actually seared on the grill, giving it a delightfull outer crust. I highly recommend the Resturant and will certainly return if ever back in Asheville.

1  Thank RonB27614
Reviewed 6 February 2014

As a hobby I go to restaurant trying their cuisine only to write q review. So I was told by a co-worker of a place in Asheville NC. So one night I drove the hour north to try it out. The Chop House downtown Asheville. Not any association to the chain. Enter the restaurant I was greeted by every one that passed me. I chose to sit in the lounge area. The place has a great atmosphere, The dining area has a fireplace that sets a calming romantic mood to it. The two are separated only by a built in shelving type petition but still enough o separate the two. As I was seated by the hostess I was quickly greeted by a very friendly bartender who took my drink order and he too was so friendly. He returned quickly with my drink and took my appetizer order. I asked what was the best appetizer he thought they had and I ordered it. The Ahi tuna come out and I am not kidding it was almost too pretty to eat but I managed. 6 chip type wonton things that had an asian slaw topped with the perfectly cooked Ahi tuna on it and topped with 2 of the most delicious sauces. All circling a burst of color mango salsa. I wanted to pick that plate up and lick it clean. BEST APPITZER I HAVE EVER HAD! When I got down to the last piece Jimm returned with the grilled Caesar salad and the Bison Ribeye I ordered wanting them both at the same time. Oh and the Bread… let me not forget THE BREAD. Their table bread is nothing I have ever had before. It is a pretzel type bread that is coated in a pesto type glaze and served with this salty butter OMG I could eat 2 loaves myself. The presentation on everything is that of a 5 star restaurant. The Grilled Caesar is the very best Caesar I have ever had. Their dressings are all in house made. Ok now to the meat of the subject. I normally like my steak cooked Medium but I was told that it is much better done at a medium rare do to the fact that it is so lean, and the more its cooked it looses more of its flavor. Let me tell you they were right medium rare is the only way to go with this meat. With the combo of the great meat and the fact that they cook all their meat on a wood fire grill this was a win win situation for me. Half way through I was greeted by a very happy and friendly face of their executive Chef. I could not tell her how happy I was with all my findings. She was kind enough to share her bar menu with me as well. I asked her after looking at it how does anyone choose from that menu? They have these over the top burgers and sandwiches oh and not to mention their “Signature Steak Salad” I saw one OMG that thing was big enough for 2 or 3 people. And that sucker has Fries on it YES Hot tasty fries and their house Sweet & Sour dressing that I saw the guy who ordered it ask for more. I was so happy with my meal I wanted to just go to the hotel adjacent to it and rent a room and go to sleep but then I was brought the dessert menu… REALLY how does one choose from that. Everything is in house made I could not choose so I ordered 2. YES 2 I got the holiday special that was a Butter Mint cake. It taste just like the great after dinner butter mints you get a 5 star restaurants only better. I also got their OMG Chocolate cake. I was warned it is for serious chocolate lovers only. The cake was so rick and moist it was black. It was 3 or 4 layers and between each layer was dark chocolate ganache and chocolate mousse and crushed Oreo cookies. All topped with Mousse and ganache. NEVER before have I had 2 of the moistest cakes ever. I will go back over and over it was so worth the hour drive. One of my greatest finds so far.

1  Thank SCTechie