“A NO Show for the Ghost Tour”
Review of Better Tours of Asheville - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Better Tours of Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Gangsters, Ghosts, Gorgonzola, and Gin! From Prohibition gangsters to Nazi spies to buildings haunted by the victims of unsolved murders, Better Tours of Asheville features the most scandalous history that Asheville has to offer. Our expert guides have researched everything the area has to offer to take you out to see the city like a local. Featuring Pub Crawls, Ghost Tours, Trolley Tours, and Culinary Tours, don’t take an average tour, take a Better tour.
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We had pre-paid reservations for the Ghost Tour on 7 May 2011. We traveled from Hendersonville, interrupting an evening with friends to make this tour. When we got to the meeting spot - NO GUIDE!!! We were 10 minutes early, and stayed 10 minutes afterwards. Calls were made to find out where the guide was, but no answer. We traveled almost 50 miles and NO SHOW!!! When we called the next Monday, we were told they had failed to schedule us - this after calling them several days in advance, confirming our tour, and getting the place, time and date for meeting. After all of this, all we got was a very LIMP apology and nothing offered to make it up.

CKM360, Owner at Better Tours of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

This is untrue. They had no reservation for that date. Since it's easy to mix up a date over the phone, we verify time, day, and date carefully. We keep detailed call logs, and there was no call prior to tour to verify. The customer was extremely rude on phone. Though it was not our mistake, we still tried to be gracious and offered them a choice of another tour or a refund. We fully refunded the tickets.

There are newer reviews for Better Tours of Asheville

Reviewed 10 May 2011

My sister, Aunt and Uncle did the pub crawl and all had a great time. Nicole was our guide and she was so knowledgeable about the history of Asheville, but the tour wasn't boring with history stories. They were exciting and interesting stories and Nicole couldn't tell us enough, plus the bars we went to were great! Even after the tour was over Nicole and her husband stayed and just hung out with us and the entire evening was a blast. It was a great way to spend my birthday :)
If you are looking for a fun and interesting night in Asheville I would definitely recommend this Pub Crawl.

2  Thank annhickman5
Reviewed 15 November 2010

This was a great tour and our guide (sorry don't remember his name) was very informative and knowledgable! It was a very cool night, so the plastic sides were rolled down. I think this would be more enjoyable in the warmer months, without the sides down. We took this tour in the evening, so is was dark - unfortunately it was hard to see most of the sites that were being pointed out. I wish they would offer this in the day time as well because of all the great homes and other sites that you pass along the way, and it would help you to learn the area. Make reservations at Pack's Tavern (where you meet to start the tour) for after the tour - its a great place to eat!

CKM360, Owner at Better Tours of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

We're sorry that it was tough to see because it was dark. That was the last tour we did last season, and it was also the week that that time change occurred, which made it darker than normal. Obviously we will keep that in mind this season, and adjust if we do the tour that late in the season next year. We always appreciate the feedback, because it helps us improve!

Reviewed 27 October 2010

Better Tours provides a great experience. We had a wonderful evening walking around beautiful downtown Asheville and hearing amazing/scary tales about its haunted past. Kelly's stories jumpstarted our Halloween season perfectly!

1  Thank RC88
Reviewed 26 October 2010

As an Asheville local I really enjoyed both of my experiences with Better Tours of Asheville. My first tour was of the ghastly nature and after it I had to sign up for a Pub Crawl! My guide, Nicole Rogers was a pleasure to be around and very informative.

I doubted I would learn much new information about the haunting's of Asheville, since I am a native. However, I was very surprised and had a great time! I learned lots of Native American ghost tales of curses and territorial stamping grounds. It was a great overview of Asheville's history, involving politics and mystery.

The Pub Crawl was also filled with interesting facts and the bar was a great time! Better Tours of Asheville has a great relationship with the bars they frequent and it results in excellent service! I would recommend either of the two tours to anyone with a great sense of humor, intelligence and a will to have fun!

So sign up and enjoy!