“BE CAREFUL NEAR THE BATTERY PARK HOTEL!!!!!”
Review of Better Tours of Asheville - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Better Tours of Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Gangsters, Ghosts, Gorgonzola, and Gin! From Prohibition gangsters to Nazi spies to buildings haunted by the victims of unsolved murders, Better Tours of Asheville features the most scandalous history that Asheville has to offer. Our expert guides have researched everything the area has to offer to take you out to see the city like a local. Featuring Pub Crawls, Ghost Tours, Trolley Tours, and Culinary Tours, don’t take an average tour, take a Better tour.
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Better Tours provides a great experience. We had a wonderful evening walking around beautiful downtown Asheville and hearing amazing/scary tales about its haunted past. Kelly's stories jumpstarted our Halloween season perfectly!

1  Thank RC88

Reviewed 26 October 2010

As an Asheville local I really enjoyed both of my experiences with Better Tours of Asheville. My first tour was of the ghastly nature and after it I had to sign up for a Pub Crawl! My guide, Nicole Rogers was a pleasure to be around and very informative.

I doubted I would learn much new information about the haunting's of Asheville, since I am a native. However, I was very surprised and had a great time! I learned lots of Native American ghost tales of curses and territorial stamping grounds. It was a great overview of Asheville's history, involving politics and mystery.

The Pub Crawl was also filled with interesting facts and the bar was a great time! Better Tours of Asheville has a great relationship with the bars they frequent and it results in excellent service! I would recommend either of the two tours to anyone with a great sense of humor, intelligence and a will to have fun!

So sign up and enjoy!

2  Thank LeslieCDavis
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We took the Asheville walking ghost tour with guide "Kelly". Kelly was sweet as can be, but the way she tells the stories (zero theater) and ends them with some variation of "...however we're not really sure how much of that was true" -- sucked all the fun out of it.

Back in the real world, I understand that most "ghost stories" are sketchy. But people on a ghost tour are trying to suspend disbelief, let their imaginations run wild, and be entertained. I appreciate that 'Better Tours' is trying to be more "professional" than the competition -- but they may have taken it too far. It wasn't fun! THAT said we really liked Kelly and she was full of interesting historical tidbits about the city as well as good dining recommendations.

If I could do it all over again, I would probably try a different tour company or at least a different guide. I would even look to Kelly for a historical tour.

CKM360, Owner at Better Tours of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2010

Kelly is out newest guide, recently brought on to help with Halloween. She hasn't been on any of our investigations yet (she will this winter) and because she's brand new she hasn't had any paranormal experiences on the tour itself yet. She's a good guide, and I'm sure she was just worried about accuracy. There are only a couple of stories on our walking tour that are local legends or rumors and we point those out with reasons why we talk about those locations at all. The rest of the stories we've personally researched and believe there is paranormal activity at those locations because of our research and experiences.

I'm sorry that the tour wasn't what you expected. If you live nearby or are back in the area I would like to invite you to come on a tour with either Chris or Nicole (that's me). We are the owners of the company and have had a lot of experience with the paranormal. We work hard to provide the best touring experiences this city has to offer, though occasionally, like in any business, problems occur. We really appreciate feedback of all kinds because we are always trying to improve. Please email me personally at nicole@battertoursofasheville.com to let me know what I can do to rectify the situation for you personally.

Reviewed 14 October 2010

Great tour. Very knowledgeable tour guide.Will tell all of my friends about it.Went above and beyond just giving a tour.The guide grew up here and also provided us with information about the best lodgings, restaurants, other attractions in the area .

1  Thank Okie-10
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We had a great time wandering through downtown on and eerie late September evening when virtually no one was out. Nicole is a great storyteller and you will enjoy this tour if you are into history and ghost stories.

2  Thank dendroica978