“Not Permanently Closed”

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Not Permanently Closed”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The stairs to the top are not permanently closed. When I went (in January) they were closed due to ice. The park attendant told me they would reopen that part if weather allowed and advised to call before coming next time to make sure. The elevator was still down for maintenance tho... oh well.
There are trails for small children to adults but for the most part the park has a family friendly feel to it and may be not something an avid hiker would favor. The views are gorgeous and the trail to the waterfall is very much worth seeing.
There are restaurants and novelty shops at the entrance to the park. A lot of these places close around 3 or 4pm (when I was there at least).
The park is closed for 2 days of the week on Wednesday and Thursday.
Entrance fee (when I went anyway, on a Sunday) was $5 for 1 adult.

Visited January 2014
21 Thank Bryan B

Johnson City, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“This is permanently closed to the public”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I saw this on tripadvisor and thought it looked interesting so my friend and I drove over on Sunday. When we got to the entrance of Chimney Rock State Park we were informed the Needle's Eye has been closed to the public (no reason was given.) Also, the elevators which take you to the top of Chimney Rock are being repaired so we couldn't do that either. We paid $9.00 each to enter the park and hiked to the waterfall which had an amazing view. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon but before I go again, I will call the park to make sure the renovation projects have been completed so I can get my money's worth.

Visited March 2011
18 Thank JenWins
Winter Garden, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“fun!”
Reviewed 6 January 2010

I visited the Chimney Rock needle's Eye a while ago, but had a lot of fun. The whole park is enjoyable. It was a bit intimidating at first walking through the 'eye', but just hang on to the handrails and watch your step! It is a pretty neat exerience.

8 Thank raisinette