“Traditional NC BBQ, since the early '60's.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #181 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Very mediocre. Not advised for true BBQ lovers. The chopped pork was mundane, very little smoked flavor, could have been oven roasted instead of smoked or fire roasted. very ordinary, Beans were terrible, tasted like they were straight from the can. Sauce was not very good. Best thing on my plate were the Hush Puppies. They were really good. I won't be goung back
Asheville, North Carolina
“Traditional NC BBQ, since the early '60's.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Little Pigs BBQ has been around forever & a day--cheerful staff, authentic & clean pit BBQ, always delicious! IMHO, the best BBQ sandwich in Asheville. Homemade BBQ sauce that is vinegar based: not thin-watery but a thicker texture with unique spice. Pork is hickory-roasted & not heavily smoked, clean-picked. Coleslaw is light & compliments the sandwich, rather than over-powering it. Dedicated, local clientele who keep coming decade after decade. Keep meaning to try other dishes, but am addicted to the BBQ sandwiches!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Clark3709

Angier, North Carolina
“Exactly What I thought it was!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We went to Little Pigs while on our trip to tour Biltmore. We were told it is a local barbecue restaurant and unlike the other tourist traps it caters to the locals. I'm from rural Eastern NC and I've learned in my travels that when someone tells you that it means a few things. It means you can get a decent meal at a decent price and the atmosphere will not be for the travelers, but the locals. We found all of that! The barbecue was decent and I read some of the reviews on the ribs that we not good, so I got ribs to see for myself! Glad I did, the best part of my meal! My wife got pork and chicken, the chicken skin melts in your mouth! Service was good, our food was ready in under 10 minutes and the man that brought it to us explained everything nicely. Is this the best meal I've ever had? No, but the service was extremely good and we ate for less than $25 while on vacation. If I go back to Asheville, I'd make Little Pigs a stop!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Ron B
Edgefield
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Good food. It had a local joint kinda feel. Even though we weren't locals. :-) they didn't hold that against us. I had the bbq sandwich and it was great. I would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
Wooster, Ohio
“Great Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stopped by Little Pigs on a Saturday night based on the recommendation of our tour guide and were very happy we did. The food was excellent at a very affordable price and the staff very friendly and engaging. We won't hesitate to go back the next time we're in Asheville.

• Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good Old Fashioned BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great food! I had broasted chicken. Others had ribs and pulled pork. Everyone was happy. Best iced tea in town too. I am local, and love this place!

• Visited June 2014