“Great tour, great guide”
Review of History@Hand - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
History@Hand
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I had two days in Asheville. I looked on this site for a different type of tour. This caught my eye. My guide was Sharon and did she know her stuff! She was happy to answer any question I had and give advise on where to go and what to see on my own after the tour.

What was nice about the tour was the focus on the architecture and rich history on the early settlers. I had no idea...

Note, this tour requires advanced reservations/by appointment. Schedule a tour in advance so you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank CATravelBug411

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We read about History@hand from an AAA list of attractions in Asheville, NC. We called Sharon Fahrer and were able to set up a two hour walking tour of historic Asheville within thirty minutes of our call. We met Sharon at the Obelisk and she proceeded to tell us an enormous amount of history concerning Asheville. Particularly fascinating was the role of Jewish merchants in developing Asheville. Sharon is very friendly, funny and knows her stuff. Her tour was the perfect beginning of our three night stay in wonderfull Asheville. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 December 2010

My husband & I spent the weekend in Asheville in mid-October, which was the same weekend as the Hard Lox Festival in downtown Asheville. We're Jewish, have lived in NC for almost 40 years, but knew absolutely nothing about the history of the Jews in the western part of the state. This tour was extremely informative, and Sharon Fahrer was an excellent & well-prepared tour guide. We highly recommend this tour for anyone who's interested in learning about Jewish history.

Reviewed 29 July 2010

Many of Asheville's downtown businesses throughout its history were owned by Jews who came to the town for the healthful air and business opportunities. This walking tour goes throughout the downtown area. We learned so much, both about the Jewish community then and now as well as the history of Asheville in general. Sharon was a terrific tour guide.