“Always a solid place to go”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 840 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This is my 2nd time to Tupelo Honey on Hendersonville Rd. Both visits have been during my States Tennis Championships. We have gone after our morning match. I had the Highland Gaelic Ale and the Slow-Roasted Pork Grilled Cheese sandwich. OMG, that sandwich is awesome!!!! Another excellent visit.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Home cooked, locally sourced, southern food...that says it all. I had the pulled pork grilled cheese and it was incredible. Also Do Not miss the potato cracklins. They are the best. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. I will go anytime I am near one.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

If you have to evacuate for a hurricane and end up in Asheville, NC Tupelo Honey Cafe is not to be missed. Bring your appetite! We were served biscuits and honey. NC knows how to cook biscuits. We then had the spiced grilled or blistered okra as a starter which was flavorful, but not hot as in spicy. I had the cauliflower steak as the entree, and it did not disappoint. Layers of delectable goodness. Chard, mushrooms and the grilled cauliflower steak were an amazing flavorful combination. I would certainly recommend this restaurant if traveling in Asheville, NC!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

A great option when you're in this area. Buttermilk fried chicken was delicious. Fried green tomatoes were as well. Service is friendly and attentive. Prices are very reasonable. Menus can get a bit confusing if you get here around the time brunch is ending and dinner is beginning (two separate menus, with overlapping items, but some items are excluded from the other and the restaurant is fairly rigid about the non-overlapping items not being available until precisely 4pm...confused?...you'll see what I mean if you come around this time). In any case, I would gladly come here again and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Very nice restaurant with very good food and friendly staff. Excellent place to have lunch or dinner with friends