“Out of towner disappointed by super greasy pizza”

Frank's Roman Pizza
Ranked #398 of 789 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Athens, Georgia
“Out of towner disappointed by super greasy pizza”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I found this restaurant via web search while staying at a hotel nearby. their website says they have an award as being voted best pizza but I would have to disagree. The pizza was at best gen eric and it was so greasy I had to use all the napkins they gave me to soak up the grease. I also ordered wings and they were so fatty, as if they had not cooked long enough. The best part to me was the sauce on the pizza it was good. It was $32 with tip for medium peperoni pizza n ten wings. For have the price I would have been more satisfied with pizza hut.

• Visited December 2013

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Came in for a calzone. Canned sauce, flavorless, dry inside. Just awful. Won't do that ever be going there again.

• Visited November 2013
Marietta, GA
“Frank's”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Pizza was very good. Can't put my finger on it but something was different about the pizza and it was excellent. Had cheese bread that was really good too. It's an older place but we would still go back.

• Visited November 2013
Gulfport, Mississippi, United States
“Too much, obviously cheap, cheese”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I made the mistake of coming in on an slow Sunday afternoon. (Hoping that is the case) Because staff was short, not helpful and rude. Our large, half cheese half feta and spinage pizza was incredibly under cooked which did not pair well with the goobs of cheese, masking any flavor that might have been. Crust was tasteless and bland. Disappointing to say the least. Frank please learn to make pizza correctly, ratio of cheese to sauce to dough is crucial. Don't get me started on bland "garlic" bread or the pizza sauce being served as "marinara". We won't be back till things improve.

• Visited October 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“BLAH PIZZA. DISAPPOINTING.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

OK . I was hungry on a Saturday at 6pm after a day of errands. I was going to go to Mellow Mushroom downtown on the recommendation of a saleswoman who has lived here 35 years. Instead I made a fast turn into Frank's on Tunnel Road and I regret it big time.

This place is dumpy and over-hyped. I ordered a small Greek salad which was made with iceberg lettuce, canned, sliced black olives, feta and one small pepperoncini. There was nothing Greek about it at all. Dreadfully bland. As a follow up I had two slices of cheese pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni. The mushrooms were canned, the pepperoni super slim, the dough doughy and the sauce nondescript.

As an aside the Gaelic Ale was nice and cold.

I love good quality food. Frank's doesn't.

• Visited September 2013