“What a hoot!”

Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: The Gourmet Chip Company makes hand-made, artisan chips like you've never had and gourmet pressed panini sandwiches. We serve old fashion sodas and ice cold beer. Located in downtown Asheville, across the street from the Mellow Mushroom.
Texas
“What a hoot!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stumbled upon this little shop while were out and about exploring downtown Asheville. They sell a vast variety of potato chips (and several sandwich options too). We couldn't imagine a shop dedicated to potato chips - but they have quite a creative menu. Some interesting combinations and things you wouldn't necessarily think of to put together. The chips are served in a paper cone so that you can either dine in or take them with you. They were amazingly light and not greasy. Not quite sure how they managed that, but they do. Definitely worth stopping in!

• Visited November 2013

Croydon, United Kingdom
“Very well worth a visit”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We happened on The Gourmet Chip Company by chance when we were looking for somewhere for lunch and what a pity that it is on a different continent to the one we live on.

We had a Parisian Panini and an American Panini, which both came with a side of the salt and pepper chips. I wished I had bought some of their chips to bring home as I couldn't eat any more there. The Panini were freshly made and full of delicious ingredients.

They don't serve coffee, but the sodas we had were great and a little out of the ordinary.

The service was a little slow, given that there was only us and another table ordering, but there was only one person working being the counter and he was doing his best.

Paninis and sodas cost us $21.83, after tax, but without tip, which was very good value.

• Visited September 2013
Marco Island, Florida
“Great Idea”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I thought this was a great idea when I heard about it. They do an awesome job with the idea. We ordered two kinds of chips and we loved both equally. I will be back next time we are in town. The service was good and helpful. A must try if you get a chance.

• Visited October 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Not your average chip!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I liked the different variations of chips you could try, the parisian was by far my favourite, with goat cheese and truffle oil, yum! Good little snack while you are walking around downtown!

Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Delectable Potato Chips!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was my first visit to Asheville, but I just HAD to go to the Gourmet Chip Company. Someone had previously brought me some of their delectable chips...and now I was going to pick out some of my own. They have quite an interesting variety of flavors. We learned that we could pre-order and then pick up our bags of chips the following day. Who could ask for more? This is a one and only kind of place and I highly recommend that anyone visiting Asheville make a stop there. It is located right downtown.

Visited July 2013