“Wonderful for the price”

Days Inn Asheville/Mall
Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
“Wonderful for the price”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I just returned home from a three day stay at this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. The people who are complaining must think this would be staying at the Ritz. Every person who works there was wonderful and friendly. The ice maker was not working on our side of the hotel. An employee saw me about to enter thru the pool to go to the other ice maker. She stopped me and told another person with her to get my ice for me. You would never see that type of courtesy at the fancy hotels. The breakfast was fantastic. I happen to know that the pastries are all home made. The had carrot cake muffins, coffee cake and many other selections that were available. They had eggs, bacon, tater tots, home fries, hot oatmeal, granola and yogurt. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and both times have been an excellent experience. Thanks for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Lovethemountains1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Charlotte
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I did not stay at this location but made a reservation and Cancelled the next day. Cancellation was done almost a month before my expected stay. My credit card was billed a cancellation fee almost a month later. (They never sent me a reservation confirmation or cancellation confirmation through my email.) Manager kept giving me the run around and finally said employee whom I cancelled reservation with was off that day, which was not true. Manager finally referred the issue to Days Inn Headquarters who called me two days later and told me there was nothing they could do and referred me back to this hotel. This issue was recently resolved. I did get my money back, no thanks to this hotel. Guests Beware!

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank 1139anne
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2011

My wife and I had worst motel stay of our lives. We were given a room on the second floor that was supposed to be a non-smoking room. I had lung cancer and lost a lung and the last thing I needed is the smell of cigarette smoke . The room reeked of it. We tried turning up the wall unit air conditioner which made matters worst since the filter probably had never been changed. Plus the noise from the air conditioner kept us awake all night. On the first night we tried using the microwave and lost power in the room. After we called the front desk it took over an hour to get someone to try and fix the problem. We called the front desk the next day an asked to be moved to another room because of the smell of smoke. We were told that there were only two rooms left to chose from. We moved two doors down and the room still smelled of smoking. After changing rroms we got a call from the front desk saying that they were going to charge us an extra $100.00 for someone to come clean the first room because of cigarette smoke that they were trying to blame on us. I haven't recieved my credit card bill yet but if these people try to charge an extra $100.00 they are in for a court battle.

Room Tip: I Don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NotHappy34618
North, VA
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We spent one night as a stopover traveling the Blue Ridge Mountains. This is your standard Day's Inn. Reasonable price, adequate room. The breakfast is more upscale than the regular Day's Inn. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
At $50 a night, you don't expect a 5 star hotel - overall it was hard to beat!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Email message to company:
With deep regret, I have to say this is one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. The linens were stained with (blood?), the shower faucet covered with greasy dirt, the walls covered with dirty smudges, and the bathroom faucet completely reversed for hot/ cold and on/ off. As far as the "best breakfast in Asheville," I can't exactly say as I agree. The only good point I can say is that the clerk (Jared?) was abundantly nice.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paca444
JEFFERSONVILLE
Reviewed 30 January 2011

We just finished a six day stay at this Days Inn. When they boast of the best free hot breakfast in town, they are not kidding. The food was good and hot and there was extra items on the weekend, which included three different kinds of pancakes. Every day they had waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, fruite, gravy, coffee cake, muffins, cereal.........

The staff was friendly and very helpful at giving us directions. The rooms were very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. I booked this on line and got a great deal. We took full advantage of the coin-op laundry and exercise room too. Each room had a microwave and a refrigerator and the front desk had coffee 24/7.

We have traveled quite a bit in the last few years and this was a great value. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MATOBIN
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Stayed for New Years Eve and paid $140, looking back I cannot find anything over $100. Out dated rooms, breakfast was lacking due to several factors (cold, missing items such as milk for the cereal, watery orange juice, etc....) Got woke up due to couple arguing at 3 am. Linens were dingy. Over all a dirty place. Lobby was nice, but that's about it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends