“Don't Count On Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Asheville/Mall
Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Greer, South Carolina
“Don't Count On Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is right off the interstate so that's a plus. The front desk clerk was nice. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was small and the food was terrible. Especially the sausage biscuits that looked undone and the very tiny juice cups were ridiculous. All and all a nice place to stay, but go out for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
waynesboro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I am baffled by the positive reviews of this propery. My husband and I left 3 nights early. I guess we got one of the original rooms that has never been redecorated, or vaccumed. The rug was so disgusting we would not take our shoes off until we were on the beds. There were holes in the sheets, towels and face cloths. The mattresses were so hard it was like sleeping on the sidewalk. The window was filthy, as was the door, there were so many black, greasy smears on the door neither of us wanted to touch the knob. I have paid the same or less at other hotels and the rooms have been spotless. The old didn't bother us, the dirt did. One of lights was an electrocution waiting to happen, I fixed it. The exhaust fan in the bathrom did not work, probably because there was so much dirt in it, it was actually hanging out of it . The a.c. was so noisy you could not use it if you wanted to watch the t.v., or sleep. The fancy lobby definately belies the reality of the room.
The only good thing we can say is the breakfast was good, otherwise we would rather sleep in the car. I wish I had taken pictures.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnAshevilleMall, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Asheville/Mall, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Hello,

Would you please contact us at daysinn12902@gmail.com and inform us as to where you stayed on the property. It is important that we keep up with room updates and we would appreciate your feedback greatly.
Merrillville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

The best reason to stay at the Days Inn Asheville Mall is its location. The hotel is centrally located to many attractions and right near the interstate. Good points about this Days Inn: The front desk is very helpful in giving advice on where to eat and what attractions to visit. Excellent location, near many restaurants (IHOP, Chili's, Applebees, Longhorn Steakhouse, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, and more), also shopping (Asheville Mall, Dollar General, Walgreens, Cracker Barrel), and several gas stations (Shell, etc..). Heat and air conditioning worked great. Breakfast was okay, especially considering it was free. There is a computer for guest use in the lobby. Printing anything is free. Free USA today paper at front desk.

What I didn't like about the Days Inn: The room I was originally placed in looked fine but the phone didn't work. I had to go to the front desk and had my room changed. The room I received didn't look as nice as the other I originally had. No carpeting on the floor, chipped paint on walls, chipped wood on dressers. Also, there was carpeting on one of the set of stairs that was torn. Also, I has a non-smoking room and there was someone smoking in the adjoining room. I called the front desk and someone came to spray something nice smelling in my room. In addition, housekeeping didn't leave enough toilet paper and I went to the front desk to get a roll. The walls in the hotel are paper thin, and you can easily hear other people talking or dogs barking.

This hotel is okay to stay for a few nights if you want a good location and don't want to pay a high price for your visit.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the better rooms with carpeting.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank birdlady07
Indian Land, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We decided to head to Asheville at the last minute on a Friday, so decent places at a low price were few and far between. We usually have good luck with Days Inn so figured we'd give them a try.

The room was average for a low-end hotel. Bathroom was a small tub with a shower (just a curved shower rod would make a world of difference!) The room was "clean" though far from spotless. It was an okay place for a bed and a shower.

The breakfast was another story. This was probably one of the best "free" breakfasts we've ever had. There were (real) eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, french toast, many flavors of pancakes, make-your-own-waffles, baked apples, rice pudding, cottage cheese, yogurt, various fruits (melons, pineapples, kiwi, blueberries), hot cereal, cold cereal, almost you name it. We will probably go back because of the breakfast!!

The pool was not open so can't comment on it. The property is a little worn down. All in all, an "adequate" place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rudeman_j
DaysInnAshevilleMall, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Asheville/Mall, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
We appreciate all the feedback guests provide on trip advisor. It is important that we have an understanding of each guest's experience so we can continue to make the improvements necessary to meet expectations. Thank you for your contribution.
Roanoke, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stay here every single time we come to the Asheville area...with our AAA discount the rate is hard to beat for a decent hotel stay. I've reviewed this hotel before ("Great bang for your buck!" back in December of 2008) but I've got to say, I've got conflicting feelings about our most recent stay. We were here for one night (1/31-2/1) and stayed on in Room 105. The room seemed to have had some "rennovations" done but they were VERY poorly done. Terra Cotta paint slapped all over the place in the bathroom and sink areas where new tile had been laid, the wall in the bathroom was two different shades of white depending on where you looked (yet the room STILL needed a new paint job), paint was missing and chipped in various spots, etc etc. If I were a first time visitor I would be extremely put off by the appearance. Sure it was newly rennovated but because the quality was so poor it might as well have been old and run-down because that's the sense you got anyway.

One of the main reasons we always stay here is for their fantastic free breakfast buffet. It's always been phenomenal. I was extrememly dissapointed to see they had a Mexican-themed buffet for our stay (what the heck kind of breakfast is Mexican food?!). It amounted to some far-too-spicy eggs with chorrizo sausage mixed in and some strange thing that can best be described as saturated tortilla chips with a quarter inch of cheese slapped on top. Completely unappetizing (there were a few other Mexican items....pinto beans, maybe one or two other items that I passed up). I did my best to scrounge up more familar, better tasting "american" options from the buffet...but all-in-all I'd say this was a serious downgrade from one of the most attractive selling points of the hotel.

Will have to seriously consider if this is where we'll be staying on future trips to the area...there are many other comparable hotels worth trying. Wish I had a chance to bring it up to management at the time, but we were in town for a funeral this time and in a rush to leave.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed here while in town for The Christmas Jam last year. Great location, the breakfast buffet is awesome. Will stay here again when I make the return trip this year.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Anderson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

We were here for 2 days and we LOVED it!! The room was nice, nicely updated, clean, and comfortable! The staff was friendly and willing to help with the million questions I asked and never seemed to be bothered by them. The location was good too, we had stayed in a MUCH higher priced hotel in downtown a few years ago, and I felt very unsafe there! Not here, I felt I could go to my car and not be mugged!
The breakfast was AMAZING!!! I have NEVER had one like that in any other hotel we have stayed at, including the high priced one mentioned earlier, heck, they didn't even have breakfast (unless you wanted to pay out the butt for it!) I'm talking bacon, eggs, sausage, bisquits gravy, assortment of fruit and yogurt, bagels, 4 or 5 different kinds of pancakes, cereal, milk, hot cocoa, cappuccino, coffee, orange AND apple juice!!
Needless to say, breakfast REALLY impressed us!! Which made it even BETTER!!!
That said, if you stay anywhere else in Asheville, you're nuts!!! :)

P.S.... they also have Biltmore tickets for sale, they are only aduly tickets, but they turned out to be 2 day tickets, if you have a child under 16 you are better off to get the kids ones at Biltmore and pay $5 to upgrade it to a 2 day!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms had carpet and others had laminate, so if you have a preference, you could probabl...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family