“Poor customer service, horrible rooms”

Days Inn Asheville/Mall
Ranked #50 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 28 February 2013

After the good experience I had had at the Days Inn near Biltmore, it was a terrible disappointment to find out that this Days Inn was at the other end of the spectrum. After checking in we were sent to a dirty room. When I went back to the front desk to ask for another room, the girl that was working there did not event attempt to blurt out a sincere apology. I was appalled. The second room she sent us to was adjacent to a room fool of spring breakers and needless to say, we did not get any sleep. The room was old and it was obvious that they have not done much maintenance in the past few decades. The only good thing about this hotel was the free breakfast but I would have been much happier getting a lousy breakfast after a good night's sleep. So, if you are going to Asheville just to party and are not concerned about sleeping, this is the place for you. You will get a yummy breakfast to cure the hangover. If this is not your case... find another place ASAP.

1  Thank Melanie M
DaysInnAshevilleMall, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Asheville/Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Hello,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred at our property. We have had the front desk supervisor enroll that rep you encountered into a customer service program. Our location is actually regularly in the top echelon of Wyndham's service matrixes, so this not a normal occurence whatsoever. The location is actually going through many renovations and changes, so your comments to the contrary seem more personal than constructive. We understand if you prefer to choose other lodgings when coming back through the area. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnAshevilleMall, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Asheville/Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Let me start by saying that I had reviewed this hotel on tripadvisor and knew that in the back of my mind it would be my 3rd choice. Because my daughter and I were driving 8 hours straight, I thought we deserved an indoor pool experience and tried to book a room at the nearby Hampton Inn. They amongst others were booked solid. So, at 11:30pm Days Inn looked okay. The front was clean, yet dated. The attendent was friendly and got us checked in without haste. Upon driving around the back, I noticed that groups of people were sitting outside drinking. I got out suitecases and rushed to our room which was the last one on the second floor. The room again was dated, not what I had seen in the pictures. It appeared clean and we decided that this would just have to do. My daughter found a medium size bug in the tub and I found it's sister in the curtains. I got rid of them with the only 2 tissues left in the box by the sink. We were exhausted and just tried to put it out of our heads by watching a little TV to unwind. The remote did not work, nor did the lights between us. So, we just went to bed and hoped bugs would not crawl on our faces. All during the night the loud fan/heat would make this horrible noise. We tried turning it off, but then we would here men talking/laughing outside. I think I slept about 2 hours. In the morning after showering under a trickle, I tried to blow my hair dry and sure enough, the dryer did not work. We left there with wet heads. I went to check us out, skipping the breakfast because I didn't even want to know, and told the front desk girl my compalints. All she said was "did you try the switch?" I just looked at her, took my receipt and left.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I think you'll find that your experience is not anywhere indicative of the general reception we get at the property. Many of the things you mentioned could have been explained or taken care of with some communication with the front desk. We have 24hr desk service and are available to help through the night. For example, there is a switch on the wall which controls your lights behind the bed, etc. We are an outdoor corridor property and unfortunately when the doors are left open the rooms can be susceptible to outside elements.

We humbly apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. It is difficult for us to communicate with you directly without having any idea of your identity through an online review site. If you would like to speak with one of the managers you may send your concerns to daysinnavlmall@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking the time out to review the property.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Great location, close to downtown and to the highway. Multiple places around for dining. I would stay again at this same days inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Come back through anytime!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed at this Hotel with my honey and her Kid and I loved it it was comfortable and we had 2 doubles so very nice the beds not to hard or anything like that slept great the tv is Flat but about 27 inch not bad for a days I would def refer this great nice next door to Cookout and Ihop so clothes to food and such can walk to the mall as well. love everything about it felt like I was staying at a expensive hotel without the expensive

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our Days Inn. We try our best to stand apart from other locations and we are always happy to hear folks taking advantage of our new updates. Give us a call the next time you are coming through Asheville!