Downtown Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsoverflow lotthirsty monkgreat locationwithin walking distancepatton avestreet noisewaffleswalked everywhereaaa discountcontinental breakfastthe ritzan older hotelclean roomsmountain viewbudget hotelcoffee makerwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I came to asheville for a weekend to enjoy the beer camp festival. As I help. Friend check into to room I was told I was not allowed back on the property and had 10 minutes to pack or the police would be here to escort me and my friend off the property. The hotel could not keep track of who was on any room so I was accused of some unknown issues with another guest. Even my friend was evicted that wasn't even checked in. The owner of the hotel will not speak to its customers under any circumstances. All of the employee are afraid of losing there job which makes for your experience visiting less enjoyable. I will never stay there again and will never recommend it to anyone from here on out. Wrongfully accused and not apogized to is wrong. And the owner nor manager would talk to me. Good luck I hope this helped you find another place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Bgbs1989
NK_Patel-Owner, Owner at Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We have no record of this individual staying with us. During this weekend we had 4-5 rooms rented by individuals who were in town for a “bachelor's party”. We had several problems with these individuals, mainly being intoxicated, bringing unregistered guests on the property, and being rowdy.

We sent this individual an email asking for what room he stayed in. He responded but did not provide any specifics about his stay.

It appears he was an unregistered person who was evicted. As he has confirmed in his review that there was another person who was not registered and “not checked in”, meaning an unregistered individual who was also evicted.

For the safety of our guest we do not rent rooms to guests with out a valid government issued ID, and we do not allow anyone to enter on the property unless they are registered at the front desk.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I switched rooms at the hotel so that I could get two full beds instead of a king. The front desk worker allowed me to switch to a room that he had just evicted people from that had not had a chance to really even use the room. I stayed there that night and went on the brews cruise in downtown (Which I would highly recommend). When I arrived back at the hotel my key would no longer work so I went to the front desk. The guy working the front desk was in the process of evicting another group in front of me. He pulled both me and the other group aside and told us we were all evicted. I then explained that I had switched to that room last night and that it must have been some mistake. Once I explained this, the front desk guy told me I was right and I could return to my room. Right after that he was accusing the other guys od something they were not involved with either. While I waited, the front desk guy called his boss, and his boss said he still wanted both rooms evicted. Both me and the other guys had 15 minutes to leave the premise or the cops would be called. I thought maybe the cops could help sort the mess out but they did not. They gave a weak response of how there is nothing they could do and would not even advise the owner that what he was doing was unethical or putting him at risk of being liable. "That's civil law, we can't do anything about that. The owner can evict you for whatever he wants." This frustrated me to no end and almost led to me being arrested. I am currently disputing the charges through my card and will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank BanksJL
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you are in to fancy hotels with plush pillow top beds and fluffy towels, try somewhere else. But... if you want the best location in Asheville, and a clean and quiet place to sleep, I say this is it! The location is outstanding and once you park your car in their free lot, right at the front door, you will be free to walk right up the street to the Thirsty Monk for a cold beer.
The staff are young and enthusiastic. They went out of their way to accommodate us in every way. The rooms are very clean, beds comfy and shower has great water pressure. The complimentary breakfast was nice- bagels, cereal, yogurt etc. and coffee and juice.

This was the cheapest place we found and some of my party members were annoyed when we first walked in that it was so sparse but all agreed afterward that this was a great bargain and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We came to Asheville for our daughters sixteenth birthday. Picked Downtown Inn because of location, great price to stay and it is pet friendly! We had a great stay and will definitely be back. The complimentary breakfast was awesome and kept us full until dinner! We walked everywhere and Downtown Inn is in the heart of everything!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I read previous reviews before booking here but location was a big factor in our stay. This is located at a great place in the heart of everything. It was easy to walk everywhere which we did mostly, but it was also easy to get to the national park and Biltmore from here by car. Hotel was clean-everyone I talked to was friendly-the front desk staff was great. We had bikes on our car which were perfectly safe the whole time we were here, pool was nice and the breakfast went until 12 PM which was awesome if you like to sleep in. Its an older hotel but for the price its a downright steal and if we ever go back I am staying there again. The fact that you can walk everywhere is a huge plus! We stayed on the mountain side and it was very quiet!

Room Tip: If you are worried about noise stay on the mountain side, we were on the 5th floor and we never heard a thing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family