Downtown Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$84
Country Inn
US$137
US$121
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$154
  • Restaurant
US$111
US$91
Hampton.com
US$112
US$101
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$172
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$129
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$264
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$394
Travelocity
All reviewsoverflow lotthirsty monkgreat locationwithin walking distancepatton avestreet noisewaffleswalked everywhereaaa discountcontinental breakfastthe ritzan older hotelclean roomsmountain viewbudget hotelcoffee makerwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel is in a good location to walk everywhere downtown but you make a deal with the devil to stay there. The staff treats guests like they are about to steal something. They scan your ID when you check in and they ask for it again when you re-enter the lobby. Maybe they are more familiar with lowlifes at this property?

It is a motel with extrerior doors and walkways. The motel has not been updated in YEARS. Very old yellowed wallpaper and tiles. (I've stayed in classier Russian hostels and have been treated better too). You can tell why the chains dumped this place.

The rooms are very old and outdated. Bed was ok, just have a few locals beers before you go to sleep. Bathroom looked like the ceiling would collapse at any moment. We pushed on it and it moved a lot. The tiles are slapped on the walls and some of the drywall is missing along the floorboard. One of those bathrooms were you wished you brought flip flops. There was also lots of appliances with long cords plugged into one outlet- fire hazard!

Stay at the Renasssaince...it's not as close to the nightlife but you can still easily walk.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TLSoccer
jolinerobinson, Owner at Downtown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Thank you for the review. All rooms have been newly renovated throughout. All our rooms have new carpet, new wallpaper and new beds with a bed bug proof mattress covers as well as allergen free covers. All our bathrooms have new marble tub surround installed in March through April of 2010.

Reviewed 15 September 2009

While this hotel has seen better days, it was clean and located right in the heart of downtown. We parked underneath the hotel, then walked anywhere we wanted to in the fantastic downtown area, which was exactly what we wanted. If you are looking for value and location, and can overlook the dated wallpaper, etc., then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2009

My wife and I recently stayed here for 3 nights to get our yearly share of Asheville. Staff was pretty friendly except for Tony! Upon the last night of our stay, I forgot my room key, the front door to the lobby was locked, so I walked up the outside stairs which came almost directly to our rooms door and whistled for my wife who came to the door almost immediately. So did Tony. He demanded my I.D. which I gave him. I told him I forgot my room key and he began to yell at me. I am 33 years old, not a kid. I asked him what the problem was and he said and i quote "pack your bags, you two are outta here" Then came the three cop cars. They told me to leave and i stated that I had been out on the town, (the main reason to come to asheville) and I had no where to go at that time in the morning. They eventually let us stay. Joline Robinson is the asst. manager. She will not return your phone calls. I hope this place goes out of business and someone who gives a crap buys this place. I would not give this place another penny.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cleand
Reviewed 18 August 2009

With the reviews on this site, we were bracing for a bad experience, which set our expectations pretty low...but were actually pleasantly surprised by this place. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the pool area was quite cute, and the breakfast was pretty nice. That was all we were looking for, just a nice, clean place to stay that wasn't over $200 and within walking distance of downtown. Was it the Ritz Carlton, well no...the decor was pretty outdated, but it was just fine. But we did see the sign in the lobby about the 'No Locals' policy...we wanted to ask on our way out, but forgot! But you can't beat it for the price!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marsi1112
Reviewed 5 July 2009

What’s not to like about this place. Convenient parking and abundant evidence of owner pride, from the colorful landscaping outside to the tissues/antiseptic wipes (Swine flu scare during our visit) on the front desk, to the well-attended Continental breakfast, available in the spacious breakfast room or poolside. Easy walk to the shops downtown and if you are a real walker, the River Arts District is walkable too, though confess we took the White Trolley Tour back. So glad we didn’t succumb to all the Tunnel Road motels.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends