“Great experience!”

Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed at the hotel from 9/19/2011 to9/22/2011.
I was very hesitant to book there because of all the negative reviews.

I called very late one evening to make the reservation for 2 rooms , spoke with Amanda G. I had an an unusual request regarding parking of a tour bus and a trailer. I was assured there would not be any problem due to the fact that the hotel had an adjacent parking lot that was used on the weekends for the overflow. It all went thru without any problem.

I have to say that we were all very pleased with the accommodations,how clean everything was kept, the friendliness of the staff and the wonderful spread of breakfast items, both hot and cold.

There would not be any hesitation in staying there again. The location is wonderful and easy access to the Biltmore Estate, Biltmore Square and downtown.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Corfu99
lcoop3980, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back soon in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite over Labor Day weekend. The price I was quoted on line wasn't what I had to pay. I forgot to book the AAA rate and ended up getting our room for much less. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the overall facility was fantastic. The location was great, we were within a few miles of the Biltmore, Biltmore Village and DT. Great stay and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank WVClairenmaddy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

The front desk staff is condescending, and specializes in eye rolling and sighing when you ask a question.When we tried to use Marriott gift cards they had no idea how to handle them-two days later they are still confused.I asked to please speak with a manager when they failed to repair our pull out bed,which I gave them all day to do.I was told there wasn't one working today. We are extremely disappointed.By the way, not a single desk staff member wears a namebadge.Very unprofessional.

• Stayed July 2011
12 Thank patlu123
Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Because we have an abundance of Marriott points as well as two children who love their own space/free breakfast, we chose the Residence Inn for the last two nights of our 11 day vacation touring NC/VA. When booking our stay weeks before, the only room option for those paying with points was a one bedroom with sofabed. Upon check-in, we asked if any two bedrooms had opened to those paying with points. The clerk said no, but that she would give us a free upgrade to a two bedroom anyway so the kids could have their own room. We were so greatful, especially since many hotels would just as soon have the desired room sit empty than give an free upgrade.

The "bones" of the suite are great...two decent sized bedrooms, each with queen beds and their own bathroom. A roomy kitchen/ den area with full sized appliances (including dishwasher) and a fireplace. The problem is (and really, its a pretty big problem for me) is that it is waaay past due for this place to be renovated. The carpet, upholstery, and bedding is stained, worn and outdated. The mattress was comfortable enough, but was drooping and thin. Although I don't normally do so, I felt the need to pull back the mattress pad and check for signs of bedbugs (no signs were found). I made the kids stand away when popping popcorn because the microwave was so ancient it looked unsafe. And, although the room looked fairly clean, the "oldness" of everything made me feel as if it was not kept properly, so I felt the need to re-wash the glasses, plates, and utensils that were provided. This is not something I typically do (unlike some of my more eccentric family members...but that's another story). We had a food spill on my daughter's beloved "blankie", and had to do an emergency wash/dry. Thankfully, there was a laundry facility located on our floor (2nd) and we were pleased with it.

The breakfast buffet was one of the best we've had at a hotel in this price range. Hot eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy both mornings, in addition to cereals, waffles, fruit and yummy yogurt/granola/fruit parfaits. The first morning a gentleman was scurrying around keeping fresh food out, and also would step in and offer to make your waffles for you. The next day was obviously his day off, and the workers lumped together and chatted in the kitchen doorway and were not nearly as attentive.

As I said before, we stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was very quiet. I'm not sure if certain floors or rooms are designated "pet friendly", but while on the first floor waiting for the elevator we heard what had to be a dog as big as a German Shepherd barking his brains out. The owner was obviously out of the room or completely inconsiderate to others. I would be sure to check to make sure you are in a "pet free" area of the building, if such an area exists.

This hotel has some good things going for it....the location is great, the breakfast is delicious, and the layout of the suites is really nice. I will not, however, be staying here again until the rooms have been fully refurbished.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from those with pets.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cancun4
Plesant Prairie, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

What i write will make this place seem worse than it really is but it SHOULD be better. It fails the basic "clean and everything works as it should test." The desk clerk was civil but not terribly welcoming. Maybe her personality. She was reasonably efficient. The first room had a smoke odor and the microwave also looked like it came from 1980. The second room was a little better but there were spots on the wall and missing plaster chips. The WiFi failed repeatedly and I had to use my cell phone for a workable signal. I had to move furniture to find an outlet -- a SINGLE outlet -- available for my laptop (no outlets at the desk--what's with that). There's a light fixture hanging down from the ceiling over nothing. The table is a little bit tattered. The desk has wobbly legs. This looks little like your typical Residence Inn. Surprisingly if you looked at the rooms, hallways, etc., everything would look OK but looks are deceiving. Management seems to give fluffy b.s. replies to comments left here but nothing appears to be done to correct things. The so-called "Business Center" is a joke. It wouldn't take much to bring this place up to speed if its owners and employees honestly cared to. Apparently they don't. And then they have the audacity to leave a card in the room asking if they have "exceeded [my] expectations." They can't even meet basic standards: clean and everything works as it should.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank 6530bx4
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

I specifically called the hotel for my reservation because i wanted a certain type of bed they promoted on their website. My call was not responded to directly and was sent to Marriott national reservations who didn't have a clue what I was talking about. However, they said they would forward my request to the hotel. On arrival either Marriott national did not forward my request or hotel would not acknowledge it could not accommodate it.
If you are accustomed to Residence Inns have separate sleeping areas and large living spaces and full kitchens, then this one, at least what they call a studio, will disappoint you.
Ours was a compact space, drab in color and a bit down at the heals. The bath tub was chipped and the corners of the floors were not clean. At least my room did not live up to Marriott standards, especially at the price they charge. I suggest the Doulbletree hotel down the street or the Homewood Suites about two miles away as much nicer and at lower costs.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wizofwas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I checked in for a three month stay due to a work relocation. One of the curtains did not close completely due to being broken. The closet doors did not slide properly. Although the furnishings were dated ( not to mention the microwave from the 70's), I can handle that, but things should be in working order. Front desk was very unhelpful and often ignored customers standing at the desk. I happened to be in the room one day when housekeeping came in. They vaccumed for all of 5 seconds and did not even vaccume the area under the bar. When they finished there were still visible crumbs on the floor! I am checking out a month and a half early due to all of this. Tonight for example there is a yippy dog in the next room that has been barking for almost 3 hours straight. I called the front desk and was told "there are no dogs registered near you". I have news for them registered or not there is a dog in the room next to mine! DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank newinasheville
lcoop3980, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore. I apologize that your time with us did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience to all of our guests that leave them eager to return and it is clear we did not succeed in doing this with your stay.

We take all guest comments very seriously and please know that your concerns have been addressed with our staff. I hope that you will come back and visit so that you can experience a pleasant stay at our Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore.