“Clean and Convenient”

Residence Inn by Marriott Asheville Biltmore
Ranked #34 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We got this hotel on Priceline. We were there overnight. It was right off of I-40 and close to Biltmore. Clean rooms, nice beds, pretty well stocked continental breakfast. The hotel employees when we checked in were a little unfriendly, but all in all, a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
lcoop3980, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Asheville Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

mshaner,

We are so glad you were able to stay at the Residence Inn Biltmore during your recent trip to Asheville. We are glad you enjoyed our nice, clean renovated rooms and our delicious breakfast! We will address the employees concern, but we do hope you come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I spent a very quick overnight at this property and it worked out perfectly for the purpose of my visit. It is almost smack dab in the middle, between downtown Asheville and Biltmore Village.

Rooms have recently been updated (renovations still in progress) and Residence Inn rooms never disappoint. I like the new sectional couch and outlet location on the couch for every imaginable electronic device.. nice to not have to crawl around looking for an outlet.

Upgraded stainless steel appliances are a nice touch to the modern decor. Funky hallway rugs too, I like it!

Didn't take advantage of any typical Residence Inn offerings, just a place to lay my head down and the I was very happy with this property.

Families should especially enjoy the Residence Inn, with the extra space and kitchen amenities, how can you go wrong?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Biltmore! We are so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our location in Biltmore Village. Our new, modern decor is amazing and we love it as much as you do! Thank you for your business and we look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our room was recently renovated and it looks like the rest of the hotel was too. Location is convenient to the Biltmore property and only a couple miles from downtown Asheville. Beds are comfortable, clean rooms, and breakfast is good. The breakfast is well stocked and fresh and kept clean.

Room Tip: either ask for end of hall and be near your car or by the elevator and close to lobby. Really not a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank photoguy_10
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The Residence Inn Asheville offers convenience to the Biltmore Mansion and is a bargain compared to others in the area. However, it is off the main road and is easily missed when driving by. Parking is limited at the hotel and seems to be shared by the businesses next door. You can easily walk to many restaurants, but I recommend driving to the Biltmore Mansion. When we stayed the hotel was in the midst of renovations. While our room was newly updated, the "new carpet smell" was overwhelming. While they came and sprayed "Fe breeze " it came back every time the AC kicked in. They do serve breakfast and evening snacks which are a nice touch.

Room Tip: They have only one elevator, which holds a maximum of 5 adults. I recommend a ground floor room or t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank awfountain3
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The rooms were very nice and the breakfast that was included was quite large and you had healthy choices to choose from.

However the hotel service (reception) was very very bad and almost rude. We would look for another hotel due to the bad receptionists. They were not helpful and did not set up the crib for us and were rude when our bathroom light bulb was out. As if it was our problem. For the price I would look at other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed here the last week of June while attending a conference at UNCA. I had a room in the back, as requested, and had little difficulty with the noise other shave complained about. I did object to the a/c blowing directly on the bed when it turned on. The front door of the inn did not open automatically, and I had to look around for the assist button. That can be awkward when carrying lots of luggage, My room was missing towles and a do not disturb sign. That was rectified quickly. I cooked in each night. The grill outside was very balky and although I think of myself as the consummate griller, this was tough. A workman helped me light it but a number of the burners did not seem to work. I told the desk clerk that I saw this as a safety issue, but I never saw anyone working on it. It needs to be replaced.
There is an indoor pool but it is quite small. There were plenty of towels.
Breakfast in the morning was okay. I wasnot very happy with the eggs (overdone) so I contented myself with yogurt and waffles which were fine. There were snacks in the evning such as nachos, but I am not a snacker.
The staff was very helpful with directions, extra ice, plastic bags, etc. My room was cleaned very well each day. There were signs about coming renovations but the information did not seem to indicate that there would be a lot of disruption.
The hotel is across the street from the Biltmore estate and just a few minutes from downtown. UNCA is about 10-15 away. This was a good place for me to stay, but I was glad I was not footing the $150/night bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jegolf20
lcoop3980, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Asheville Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent experience at the Residence Inn Biltmore. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused while you were staying with us and will work to improve these issues in the future. We are glad that our team was accommodating and able to help you throughout your stay. Our Biltmore Village location, which is three blocks from the Biltmore Estate entrance and five minutes from downtown, offers a variety of restaurants and shopping to our guests and allows easy access to UNC Asheville. We are almost complete with our full property renovation and do hope you come back and stay with again!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Staff were very nice, but hotel was lacking. Pool had no towels 3 days in a row. New treadmills, not connected to cable, so no TV to watch while running. Limited parking. Very noisy and busy road out front, could hear cars at night. Near a trauma center hospital, could hear helicopters on the weekend. Close to Biltmore, but everything else in the area was run down and ugly. I have stayed at other Residence Inn, where bedroom and living room are separate, this one was not, which didn't work out well for the third person in the group. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay in the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Biltmore. We are currently undergoing a full property renovation, including the fitness center, which has recently received brand new equipment. It did take about 24 hours from delivery of the equipment to get the new cables hooked up to the TVs and we are sorry that it was not available during your use of the fitness center. We do have upgraded one-bedroom suites available for reservations that provide the private bedroom and bath. Our location in Biltmore Village provides a convenient location for our guests who want access to Biltmore Estate, Mission Hospital and Downtown Asheville. We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your time with us and will take your feedback to discuss ways we can improve our property. Thank you for your business and we do hope you come back with us again!