Asheville Hostel & Guest House
US$152
US$246
US$115
US$112
Sleep Inn West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$76
SleepInn
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$120
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$212
Aloft.com
  • Pool
US$406
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$355
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewspancake mixperfect locationtiny houseclose to downtownother guestswould definitely stay here againheart of downtownbjbreweriesburialbedroomcurtainswalkableaccommodationssheets
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed here recently and enjoyed it. The house was not fancy but was nice. The location was good - just a few blocks from the center of town. The owner and staff were super helpful and friendly. It was also very quite, which I appreciated. There are only AC units in the rooms (no central air) but I still stayed nice and cool. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay in a private room.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank brynda120
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed here for a Wednesday night, and basically had the whole place to myself. The owner gave me his cell phone number; was responsive and available, cordial and very hospitable. Checking in and out was super easy. The location can't be beat. And on top of it all, he did my laundry for 5 bucks!

I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Meghann S
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My fiancée and I have just returned from a 10-day vacation, the better part of which was spent at the Asheville Hostel & Guest House. BJ, the proprietor was extremely accommodating and more than helpful. There's so much to see in this city; all you really need is a quiet place to sleep. We rented out the Guest House for an amazing deal (the rate drops after X number of days). The linens were clean, the amenities were close, the staff was friendly (and helpful!), and the list goes on. This is most certainly a hostel, so if you're expecting a hotel, continue your search elsewhere. But, if this is your thing, or if you're strapped for cash, or even if you're looking for something new, I would recommend this place in a heart-beat. The next time we return, we're most certainly staying here again.

Room Tip: If you stay in the Guest House: > The kitchen amenities will be next door. > If you're shy with your nature business, you may want to use the facilities next door as well, as the bathroom and shower are only separated with a curtain. > The A/C works EXTREMELY well, so be mindful of the settings. > There's only one mirror, a full-length in a semi-inconvenient location. Gentleman, you may want to shave next door to prevent a mess.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Bohemian basic about says it all for this hostel. The proximity to downtown makes all the funkiness and cloistered feel of the accommodations tolerable. Perhaps I would rate this higher if I were 35 years younger, but it was clean and comfortable for what I needed - a bed, a bath and an open kitchen. Security was good, other guests were friendly (even to an old guy like me) and bed was comfortable.
Improvements would be better lighting (bath, bedroom, etc.), better ventilation throughout (box fans should not be ubiquitous on floors and windows) and parking is only a minor issue.
Price is nearly unbeatable in town AND for location, plus staying there supports a local business. At least 3 Thumbs Up.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DRHALister
Reviewed 7 June 2012

What a great spot! I just got back from a weekend in Asheville and the Asheville Hostel was the perfect place to stay! They have the cheapest rates in town, clean rooms, and very friendly owners. We stayed in the “Family” room and it was the perfect size for 4 people. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends