“Nice hostel in a great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Asheville Hostel & Guest House
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I was frustrated upon arrival as I thought that the owner was not answering the phone and we had to wait a while. Then I realised I was calling the wrong number. So once I called the correct number the owner was there almost immediately and we were able to check in. He was very helpful and went over some great places to check out in Asheville.

We were easily able to walk into the town area of Asheville and everywhere else was in easy driving distance. Parking was street parking but we had no trouble getting a park.

The room was clean and basic and suited us fine. We were very happy with our stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hostel was clean, secure, and comfortable. The owner personally shows you around the site upon arrival and maps out the city, restaurants, and entertainment based on your interests. The rooms are exactly like the pictures. Everything in the downtown area is walkable within about 15 minutes. The stairs squeak pretty loudly, so be aware coming and going. I could imagine this being obnoxious if you had the downstairs room next to the stairs, but I was in the room at the top of the stairs and had no problems.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2013

let's be real you are staying in the middle of a beautiful city and is did very cheap cost and its clean well at least cleaner than most of the inns and motels around town this place is absolutely amazing and no camera in the kitchen that person is a pscho.

Room Tip: the manager will help you with any tips you need
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Between their website and photos on Facebook we knew what to expect and there were no surprises. Everything was as described and as promised. My husband and I stayed in the private room and there was ample room for parking. The room was small and only a curtain for a bathroom door but good location and clean place. Served it's purpose and we were happy with our choice and the savings! You can walk a few blocks either direction and get to restaurants and pubs/bars. That's what we really wanted and so this was a perfect fit for our simple needs.

Room Tip: Only reserve the private room with two adults total and make sure you're married or very comfort...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Very nice hotel! Rooms were clean, spacious and comfy. Staff was helpful and went out of their way to make sure everything was good. Close to the Biltmore Estates and Biltmore Village. Restaurant right next door. Next time I visit Asheville, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kathy3249
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stopped in Asheville on my way to New Orleans. It was exactly what I needed after a long drive. Quiet, clean, convenient. I was welcomed with a discussion about local music happenings that night, and enjoyed the bluegrass jam, as well as asheville brewing for dinner before. i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dianaez
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We spent just a Friday night in April and we were satisfied with the service.. it was a sort of last minute booking.. so we can't complain. Really close to all the bars/stores/attractions of downtown asheville, walking distance, so you can park the car and forget about it. The owner will tell you and point out in a map all the options in the city. Security code at the door.. and we got the 3 ppl room next to the kitchen, but or the hostel was almost empty or everybody is really quiet because we heard no noise from our room... you can also do pancakes on your own in the kitchen. Nice choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple