“big plates full small $$$”
Review of Lucky Otter - CLOSED

Lucky Otter
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Reviewed 21 October 2013

lots of cool beers, but the food is why you should come, mexican food with a twist, go online to see the menu and the great names they give their burrittos>I had the "elvis" big burrito stuffed with black beans and rice, grilled plantains and peanut sauce slathered in inside of the burritto. was very good. kid friendly not that I CARE BUT THE KIDS IN THERE, WERE well behaved and entertained so they didnt ruin my dinner for me. instead of numbers on your table lucky otter gives out toys of different sorts to place on your table. good food and service

1  Thank Sylvia B

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

While on vacation we passed this place driving around looking for dinner. We noticed all the car out front and decided to Yelp it. It had cheap food on the menu and had good food reviews. We were not disappointed! The food was a amazing! My mom and I both got The Elvis and my friend got The Calypso tacos. I cant get over how delicious the food was!! If you are in Asheville go check it out. You will be pleased!! Bonus great Margaritas--only 4 bucks!!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Another local spot, mostly west asheville young people, but a good mix. Not a tourist spot. Sort of a burrito place but.....much more. Certainly not Taco Bell or typical mexican. Very good and worth the line.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Up to Asheville on Sunday and we stumbled upon this nice little joint the "Lucky Otter". The Corrugated Tin siding exterior drew us right in. Old, worn, rustic, hip, eclectic are a few of the words that come to mind as I enter this new found local gem. Small, quaint with really good food! Nice local craft beers on tap at reasonable prices and out of this world burritos! I had the "Don't be a jerk" burrito...jerked chicken was just like the Caribbean's do it...spicy, bursting with flavors and delicious! My wife enjoyed the " The Bloke" and she really enjoyed it. The staff were very friendly and attentive. All the ingredients are made fresh and the servings were large. This is not your run of the mill restaurant but a delightful "West Asheville" diamond in the rough kinda place that everyone should enjoy. Highly recommended if you're hungry or thirsty.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Food was very fresh, great beer selection, and outside seating is great. I had the Bloke and the wife had the Brotherly Love and both were excellent. Everything in the wraps was fresh. Tried 2 salsa's they had and both were excellent.