Renaissance Asheville Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$99
Country Inn
Sleep Inn West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$201
US$178
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
US$134
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$349
US$314
Official Site
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$276
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
1,553 results
All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distancethe thomas wolfedowntown locationan older hotelrestaurants and shopscorner roomlobby barfront desk staffindoor poolbreakfast buffetbed was comfortablefitness centermini fridgewe've stayedthe grove park innconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Spouse and I stayed 2 nights at this property recently. The first night was spent sleeplessly due to our headboard wall adjoining the elevator shaft. Noises from rolling service carts and elevator chains kept us awake throughout the night. The following morning we made a request to the front desk that we be allowed to change rooms, and our request was granted. Staff did offer us a complimentary breakfast as compensation, but we had previously received this as part of our reservation package. We later were given Perrier water and a box of chocolates as compensation. The new room was quieter, but both rooms were small for the price paid. Bathrooms were very small, with poor lighting. Walking space between bed and dresser was impossible when cabinet doors were opened. Closet was ample size with a full-length mirror on the door, however when the door was open it prevented being able to comfortably enter the bathroom. Coffee was provided in the room, but bottled water was a $4.00 charge. Our party did partake of the breakfast buffet each morning, but were disappointed by the food. Taste was adequate, but gravy, potatoes, biscuits, bacon, and other items were tepid in temperature. Servers were pleasant and met our expectations. Parking is a problem at this hotel. Limited spaces are available in the front, with many other spaces in a back hill parking lot. Be sure to unload your personal items at the front door, or plan to carry them down the hill and enter through the conference area hallway. On the 2nd night, a political rally was held in said conference area. Attendees were allowed to park in hotel parking lot, so little or no parking was available to hotel guests. When we addressed this with front desk staff, we were told that if no spots were available in hotel parking lot then we could park in a next door business lot but would have to move our car when the rally ended! We will not plan to return to this hotel. The only redeeming factor is that the Renaissance is within walking distance of many downtown establishments.

Room Tip: Avoid room #929 (and any others that adjoin elevator shafts).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KOsborne607
Renaissance AVL R, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback. I apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at the Asheville Renaissance. I will pass these issues on to our leadership team. Once again, my scincerest apologies.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here for a weekend during a conference. I did get a high floor as requested but ended up getting a room just behind the elevator. I should have asked for some distance between the room and the elevator banks.Talking about elevators, these were one of the slowest of all I have ever experienced! I had also asked for a room with a view of the mountains and the Grove Park Inn but did not get that. Closet was big but the mirror is inside the door and when the doors are open it blocks the space between the entryway and the bathroom, crowding the area. Bathroom was also a little cramped. Exercise room was decent with a view of the adjoining pool. Location is the only saving grace and the red trolley has a designated stop at this hotel. However, even the discounted price for the conference seemed too high for what I would have paid for this experience. Should have chosen the Holiday Inn instead and walked over to the conference. Also when I asked the clerk at the front desk for a late checkout since the conference was ending at 11 am on a Sunday, I was told that they could not honor that request. When I had my wife call in to request the same there seemed to be no issue with the extension. Hmmm ... I wonder why.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Subir M
Renaissance AVL R, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. I will be sharing your comments with our leadership team so that we can work to improve those issues.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed recently with a group of girlfriends and it was perfect! I have stayed here before and it's just as nice this time. It's gorgeous, modern and clean! We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go downtown. We enjoyed a cocktail at the bar and sat on the lovely patio. The only thing I can think of to make it better is a complimentary bottle of water! I will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed there for a district conference/convention. Upon arriving 2 hours before my meeting, I felt extremely rushed because they had one bellman (but had 2 luggage carts). When I proceeded to get a cart and load my luggage etc., the bellman told me to leave it inside and he would take it up. I watched him do at least 4 people - and twenty minutes later I stopped him and said "how long do I have to wait for you to do what I could have already done - and if you'll let me take my stuff to my room, I'll still give you the TIP". He proceeded to take my luggage cart and another one at the same time. If the hotel is going to promote themselves as a convention hotel, during check in/checkout they should bring enough people in to handle the guests. After requesting a bell man at 11:45 to come to my room and get my things, he didn't show up until 12:20! Not impressed. Food in restaurant was very, very good - and the manager did a great job of getting us feed and out before our meeting - even bringing the check when he brought the food. Wait staff in the banquet section was very, very efficient and friendly. Meeting rooms stayed a little cold but audio system was excellent. I am a rewards member for this chain but didn't get the morning paper - as some folks did and when I asked for one, they said they were out! Did get the requested high floor away from the elevator. Didn't hear hallway noise..very quiet. The furniture in the room was configured so every time you opened the cabinet for the mini-fridge, it interfered with someone walking by the bed or sitting on the bed. Housekeeping needed to be a little more observant. Only had decaf coffee packets in the room - and they didn't empty the ice bucket and leave a fresh plastic bag for the next day...small details I know but they mattered to me. They were concerned about washing towels and linens but did not have something as simple as a recycle trashcan in the room; so are they really trying to be green or just save themselves money! Great location is the one thing they have going for them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Renaissance AVL R, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback. We appreciate your positive remarks about the restaurant and our banquet team, however, would sincerely like to apologize for the other inconveniences we caused you. I will certainly share these issues with our leadership team to improve our service.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is perfect if you are looking for a downtown location. Free parking and easy walk to all the shops and restaurants. Our room had a great view of the mountains, and the Grove Park Inn. Rooms are clean and seem to be newly decorated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple